School.

We pulled up and it was just as Damon had said, not even first break. Just as we were getting out the car the bell for break went and everybody started to file out. There were "woah's" and "look at him's" and even a couple "who's she" but I didn't really listen I had heard it all before, and plus they had to have seen me around town. Everytime we started a new school the same thing happened, the school jock came after me which usually resulted in him with a blood nose and the school barbies went after Stefan and Damon.  

Damon and I walked into the office and the lady behind the counter eyed me off warily. The look was like, you look like trouble. I hate how the teachers just automatically assume I'm gonna be trouble. I mean I usually am but that's not the point they shouldn't just assume it. Like normal we didn't have the right paperwork it's not like I can put my real date of birth on the forms, and I don't think I even have my birth certificate anymore, so I'm sure that would all work out perfectly. So Damon influenced them to say we had the right papers and to not worry about me being late for my first day of school. It was the least he could do. "I'll see you at home Lan, after you're boring day at school." Damon gloated. God he annoyed me sometimes. 

My first lesson after the break was history. As I walked in the usual "oooh's" and "aaaah's" started and as I took the only seat left in the class a boy with beautiful brown eyes looked up at me. "Uh hi I'm Daniel, Daniel Turner. You must be new here." While he was talking I looked at him again and realised his eyes were about the only nice thing about his face. None of the kids I sat next to usually talked to me unless they were hot and he definetely wasn't.  

"What does it matter to you?" I said with a shrug of my shoulders, anyone could tell I was new.  

"Oh sorry I was just trying to be nice." He looked away after that and didn't say anything more. After about five minutes the teacher still hadn't come so the people started to swarm.  

"Who are you?" a small chick with blonde hair asked. Well I'm the boogey monster I thought to myself and laughed everyone looked at me.  

"My name is Lani, Lani Salvatore." I said sounding casual. I heard someone say, well they were probably whispering but I could hear them nonetheless,  

"Oh no wonder she's so pretty she's that Stefan guys sister." they said it in awe of having him as a brother.  

"Yeah I'm Stefan's younger sister what of it?" Both girls turned bright red and went and sat back down. While all this had been going on that kid who was next to me had disappeared. "Oi, where'd that Daniel kid go?" I asked one of the guys who was still standing around. He turned and looked at me.  

"Why would you care? You'll just be mean to him anyway!" He said it coldly and I was hurt but I wasn't about to show it, there is no way people talk to me like that.  

"Aaw is he your boyfriend? I'm sorry!" I said with a sarcastically sad voice. He turned and walked away with everyone laughing at him. I guess I felt kinda bad but it was his fault he was mean to me first. Just then the teacher walked in.  

"Hello..." he began and the rest of the lesson passed in a blur.

My next lesson was science and when I walked in I found two things wrong with this lesson, one that boy from last lesson was in there and two they were doing blood type testing. I wasn't going to stay in the lesson so I walked up to the teacher and compelled him to let me go without a note. Once I was out of the classroom the usual gossiping started, "Did you see how she didn't even need a note?"  

"Yes I know, but isn't she so pretty!" and on and on they went. I walked towards where I could feel Stefans presence. I saw him talking to someone, someone who was very familiar to me. That hair, her face all of it was so familiar, but it wasn't Elena I can feel when she is around. "Katherine!" I screamed at Stefan through my mind.  

"It's not her" he replied quietly. What did he mean it wasn't her? What did he think I was stupid? "I don't think your stupid Lan." He said. Damn projecting again. "Listen for the heart beat Lan." he had returned his attention to the Katherine look-alike. I listened for the heart beats there were twenty seven people in the room and Stefan and there was twenty seven heart beats. How could there be twenty seven. "I told you she wasn't Katherine." I looked at her again and I could see the blood pulsing under her neck. "Anyway why aren't you in class Lan you already missed first and second lesson?"  

"Blood typing." I said with a shrug of the shoulders.  

"Well you can't do anything about that."  

"I'm going home now anyway."  

"Well make sure you get Damon to drive you."  

"Yeah ok." I started to walk away.  

"Oh and Lan?"  

"What?"  

"Don't get into too much trouble."  

"Yes mum." I was mocking him and he knew it.  

I walked out the front of the school straight up to the curb, I gathered all of my powers and yelled "Damon!" no answer. "Damon I know you can hear me. You don't ever let my first day go without listening in." Something dropped from the tree. I spun around showing my fangs and growling.