Remind Me To Pass Out Around You More Often.

"Lani, come here?" I had gone to lay on the bed while he cleaned up a little and got changed. I was already changed into my favourite white dress and tights. 

"Why?" I asked, groaning while I got off his bed. I walked into the bathroom as Damon was just doing up the last of his buttons. He walked over to me, looking straight into my eyes.  

"Can I kiss you Lani?" He whispered brushing my hair from the side of my face. I crumbled under his gaze. 

"Of cccourse!" I managed to stumble out, it was cut off by his lips crushing down onto mine. The urgency behind the kiss was evidence that he obviously never intended to ever be able to feel such closeness with me ever again. He broke the kiss off and smiled down at me.  

"I missed that." He said with a smile. 

"Me too!" I confided. I was so glad to have him back, I never thought it would be possible to save him without living to see the outcome, and I wouldn't miss this for the world. He leant down and kissed the top of my head, smelling my hair.  

"We should go." He whispered, but he made no attempt to move. I hugged him tight and had the feeling that I never wanted to let go. Knowing only less than an hour ago that I was going to lose him forever had really shaken me up, but having him back in my life forever there was no way I was ever going to take our time together for granted again. I sighed and squirmed out of the hug. "We really should go, even with your maniac driving we're still going to be late." He laughed at me and smiled. 

"Yeah, I guess I do drive like a maniac." He said with a smile. I grabbed his hand and we walked out to his car. I saw his face light up when we reached the car, obviously he never anticipated on driving this again either.  

"You look almost happier to be able to drive your car again then to be with me." I teased. He stopped abruptly and turned to face me. 

"Never Lani!" He smiled at me and the power of his words overwhelmed me. I stood there for a moment just feeling the amazing happiness that his words had given me. "Come on Lan! Your the one who said we were going to be late!" He complained from the front seat. I still made no attempt to move. "I'll come and get you!" He warned. That snapped me out of it, because Damon "coming to get you" usually meant something really embarrassing on my part. I quickly slid into the passengers seat and his hand grabbed mine. He played with my fingers untill we reached the Grill. "Can I hold your hand in there Lani?" Why does he still need to ask these questions? Can't he tell I am totally devoted to him? 

"Of course!" I said a huge grin spreading across my face. He smiled back and came to open my door for me. "Being quite the gentlemen today aren't we?"  

"Why of course!" He said it as if it were a stupid question and I laughed at him.  

"So who's already in there?" I asked. I didn't really want to walk in on a huge crowd. Just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I like to be the centre of attention. Damon heard the doubt in my voice and answered quickly.  

"Only Bonnie and Stefan and Elena are there, Caroline's running a bit late and she's bringing Matt." I relaxed, I was used to being around these people so it wouldn't be a big drama. I knew there was going to be a big celebration and I knew Damon wouldnt let me leave his side. So, I was going to be right there when everyone yelled and hugged and jumped up and down. Not something I was looking forward too. "It doesn't have to be like that Lan."  

"Was I projecting? Cause I'm trying really hard now not too!" 

"No, you weren't projecting, I just know your face and when your thinking about a crowd of people you get all these frown lines on your forehead. I mean you could put St. Stefan to shame." He teased me and I relaxed again. Since Klaus's taunt about my powers I had been trying hard to reign it in.