Chapter 6.

"Dinah..." I laugh nervously, nervously looking over my shoulder then back at the wand in her hand, thankful she had the old wood tightly gripped in one hand as the other harshly took hold of my arm. "I can totally explain this..."

Dinah takes me by the arm harshly before I can finish explaining, dragging me up the staircase and onto the fourth floor where the hallways were almost empty. "You were in there! Why were you in there, are you trying to get yourself killed! It's the third floor, Camila, are you fuc--"

"Stop!" I yank my arm out of her tight grip and pull her into the empty bathroom, making sure the large room was empty before I spoke again. "Don't make this such a big deal, okay? I was just-... I was investigating."

Her nostrils flare, "Investigating? Do you seriously think I'm that stupid, Mila? Is this what you've been doing this whole time? Coming down to visit that monster, that killing machine?"

"Don't call her that!" I feel my anger boil and build up, "She's not a monster, she's a person just like you. And yes, I have been visiting her this whole time, but--she doesn't know that. She doesn't know who I am, she's never seen me."

I push the lie out of me, wanting her to calm down and keep the secret to herself now that she knew. I didn't want her going around and telling everyone else. It could lead to the administration knowing and they'll take her away. That can't happen.

"Don't lie to me." Her voice is softer, "I heard her for the very first time. That voice, that horrible voice. It was talking to you, it was calling for you. I--I think it said, "Camila...run. Why was it telling you to run, huh?"

"I-it was nothing." I shake my head softly. In a frustrated manner, she paces around the bathroom, running her hand through her long hair. "Dinah, don't tell anyone."

She stops pacing back and forth, freezing after my plead. Her head slowly tilts upward and her hazel eyes meet mine, "What? You seriously expect me to keep quiet about this whole thing? Camila Cabello, you have been visiting that, that thing, that can kill you any day she wanted. She dangerous, okay? Why can't you understand that?"

Oh my god. How do I convince this determined witch after she basically caught me running out of that room, and how on earth can I keep her from telling Dumbledore? I only continue to think of a reasonable explanation.

"Look, Dinah." I crack my fingers nervously, "You don't understand. She's not as cruel and as cold as everyone accuses her of being. She's not a monster or a killer at all, believe me. I have been visiting her for the past two weeks now, and she's done nothing but keep me comforted..she's done nothing but want more of my friendship."

Dinah grimaces, "How do you know it's not some stupid scheme that she's been playing this whole time? How do you know she's only trying to befriend you just to get to the school and kill everyone in this damned place?"

I remain quiet for a few seconds, swallowing hard at her question. I look down at the ground and think,

Would Lauren really be doing that? Would she really deceive me only to get what she's wanted? She wouldn't do that to you Camila...just trust her.

I shake my head, "No...You're wrong. She would never do such a thing, I know her. I know she wouldn't."

She narrows her eyes into mine, "Do you really know her, Camila?"

"Yes," I answer confidently, "I know her, Dinah. You don't. So just trust me and believe me when I tell you she means no harm."

Dinah looks at me through the mirror in front of her, and I'm surprised to see her look down at the floor in thought. She was thinking about the idea, I could tell. She looked so doubtful, I couldn't help but place a hand over her shoulder carefully,