Chapter 33.

Camila's POV

When the third death had made it around the castle, students began fearing for their lives. I had never seen something spread so quickly around the school, like a wildfire, in so little time. Lauren had come to the conclusion that it was it was Snape that had killed Eloise, and I wanted to prove her right just so she wasn't so hard on herself.

"If Eloise was found right by the main entrance, plain in sight for anyone to see, Snape must have done the killing somewhere else." I look down at the map on the table, looking around at all three faces staring back at me. I had gathered Ally, Dinah, and Normani to help me with this and they had agreed right away.

"You think Eloise was lured somewhere else?" Dinah points at the map and her finger trails from the location of the body to the nearest exit. Exit 12 was the nearest. "She was just a child, a naïve kid who would do anything to please someone of higher authority. She wanted to do the right thing."

"Where could the killing have happened then?" Ally looks concerned, eyeing the map cautiously. "It can't be far if she was taken from the inside, because it'd be too much work to kill her far from here and then bring her back without getting caught."

I sit on the chair in front of me and sigh, looking for any possible isolated areas near the school. "A spell like that takes power and strength, anyone from floors up would have heard it. They would have felt it."

Normani closes the map suddenly as soon as the door opens in case it could be McGonagall and she lets out a relieved sigh when Lauren walks in with her morning cup of tea. "Shit, you scared the shit out of me."

"You think it would be dangerous if we searched the forbidden forest ourselves for anything?" I ask, ignoring their bickering and grabbing the map from Mani's hand. It could be a possibility that he's close by in need of another victim.

"Camz,"

I blink away the possible thoughts and look up to find a pair of frustrated green eyes and a tiring frown. I had seen that look for the past few days and it was bothering me, but it's what I felt was most important. Those kids deserved some recognition and some attention to who could have possibly killed them, now that their families are angry at the school.

"I told you to stop worrying about this a long time ago," Lauren sets her cup down and takes a seat next to me. I sigh and lean against her, loving the warm and cozy scent of vanilla she wears. I rub my eyes, lacking sleep for a few nights now.

"I just want to know--"

"I'm sure you do," Lauren sighs, planting a kiss on my forehead. "But this is taking a serious turn, Camila. I don't want you going anywhere near that forest or doing any more of all this investigating."

"But we're so close--"

"I'm sure you are. But you said it yourself, remember?" Her green eyes stare into mine. "This has to be some type of distraction to get your head all loose before they arrive. Don't let this get to you, okay? This is what they want. They need you at your worst."

"I know," I groan. "But we can't just let this go. They need justice for their deaths. Three innocent students lost their lives, we can't ignore that."

"We won't." Lauren assures, "We have time to do that after we figure out who is targeting our school and why they want to attack us."

"We know who it is," Dinah scoffs, crossing her arms over her chest. "Why is it that we have to go around to look for him when everyone know he's guilty? Snape killed Dumbledore and he's still kissing Voldemort's ass because he knows he's under his protection. So why are we risking our lives for him?"