Chapter 13.

Camila's POV

I had never felt this giddy with so much excitement. I wanted nothing more than to run, to shout, to tell everyone what was going to happen. But I had to wait. I couldn't sit down, I couldn't read a book to keep my mind off of it, I could barely sit still.

My mind was like a colorful butterfly. Whatever distraction I chose for myself, my mind would keep fluttering back to the thought inside my head. Then I'd get that weird, tingly feeling again and again.

Still trembling with the excitement, I stumble towards the closest seat near me and sit down before I fall down. It was crazy to me that throughout my many years of living, I had never felt this way.

I always had this general rule, in which I hid my emotions. I figured I'd rather not hand in any emotion or show anyone what I felt most of the time. But today was different. My odd relationship with Lauren had gone from dysfunctional to something so strong. And excitement poured out of me like sunshine through fine white linen.

I just had a good feeling about the day, nothing that felt this right could possibly go wrong. It just couldn't.

"Looks like someone's more excited than any of us," Dinah laughs as she walks through the Gryffindor's lounge. I watch as she sits in front of me, her velvet robe graciously falling behind her as she does so.

"Yeah," I laugh quietly, "Somewhat a little nervous, too."

Dinah smiles, "Don't be. Everything's gonna be fine. Just remember, stick to that dumb plan Dumbledore gave us and we'll be good for the day."

I nod, trying my best to keep the plan intact just like the rest of the girls. As far as any else knew, Lauren's name was actually Amber. She was an eighteen-year-old Gryffindor that just transferred from the muggle world. To me, it was all complete rubbish.

"Yeah, hopefully." I return the smile, taking a small glance at the small potion in her hand as she removes it from the inside of her robe, "So what is it you needed to do before we went to get Lauren?"

Dinah's smile begins to turn into a devious smirk as she holds up the small potion in one hand, "Buying this of course..." She states as if it were obvious. I furrow both my eyebrows, watching as she places the small glass bottle over my coffee table, "What is it for?"

"Funny you ask," She simply adds, "You see, I bought this off some Slytherin in the hallway. Cost me a lot for it, and it's all just for you. You can thank me later."

"What's it supposed to do?" She hands me the small bottle and I take it, inspecting it carefully before looking back at her.

"It uh," She smirks, laughing a bit. "It's supposed to make someone happy, it's supposed to excite someone. So let's say you're upset or sad about something, take a sip of this, and you'll feel better instantly."

I nod, frowning a bit. "That's weird. I've never heard of such a weird potion."

"Neither did I, until now."

I place the bottle into the pockets of my robe, clearing my throat as I look back at her, yet again another weird smile taking over her flushed face.

"What?" I ask her, annoyed.

"Oh, nothing." Dinah shrugs, "I just thought...you know--maybe you could give Lauren some of the potion. Maybe she won't feel as nervous, or as scared about today. Just one sip, I'm sure she'll be ready for today."

I raise an eyebrow, chuckling softly before getting up and taking a small glance at the clock behind her, "Yeah, maybe. That's not what you should be worried about now, anyway. Ally and Normani should have been here over ten minutes ago."