Chapter 3- Golden Goo

Craig's/Mini's POV

We all took our seats in the tiny waiting room. It was EXTREMELY crowded, so we were all squished together. After a few moments a woman dressed in the same lab coat as Ronald came out if the giant steel door. "Hello gentlemen, my name is Andrea and I will be examining your health status as well as giving you your special abilities." She explained. "Abilities? What do you mean by 'Abilities'?" Brock questioned. "You'll find out soon enough!" She stated happily as she walked back into the other room. She came back out a few seconds after with a checkboard. "Lui, you're up first!" She says as she motions Lui to follow her. "Dang it! Why do I have to be first!" He complained in a funny, kid-like voice. Everyone in the room laughed but Andrea. Damn, you have to be inhuman to not laugh at that... "So whatso you think she meant by 'abilities'." Jonathan questioned from my left. "I dunno man, this place is really starting to creep me out." Arlan said in a Hispanic accent. Woah, I guess I was right... He is Mexican! "Yeah, me too." David agreed in a low, monotone voice. I began to zone out until I heard a loud creak. I looked up and watched as Lui exited the room holding his throat. "Steven." She called. "Shit." Steven mumbled as he left the room. I looked in front of me to see Tyler leaning forward. "Hey, Craig." He whispered. "Mhmm." I hummed. "Did you see Lui? He looked like he wa in a lot of pain... He was holding his throat like he'd die if he didn't... It's got me curious." He questioned loud enough so only I could hear. "Yeah, I noticed... It's got me thinking too. I think we're all about to find out soon though." I whispered back. A few moments later Steven came out, except he wasn't holding his throat, he was holding his head... It continued on that way. Whoever walked in would be in what looks like pain when they walked out. Me, Tyler, Anthony, and Evan were the only ones left in the room at this point. The others had already gotten their check-ups and gone back to the bedroom. "Craig." He called. Welp, here I go. After seeing the other guys, i do to think I want to do this... She shut the door behind us and walked over to a scale. "Please take off anything that may affect your weight and stand here." She ordered. I did as she asked and took off my shoes since they were the only things that could weigh me down. After she was done she copied my weight onto a sheet of paper, grabbed a tape measure, and wrote down my height on the same paper. We went through the things a normal doctor would do when they inspect you. "Okay, sit down on this chair and we'll get started with the experiment." She demanded as she pointed to a chair. It was a metal chair with steel latches on each arm as well as a giant, wierd-looking done attached to the head of the chair. The done thing looks like one of those giant hair dryers they use whenever you're getting your hair dyed at a salon... I did as she said and sat down. She used the laches on the chair arms to strap my arms to the chair. What the fuck is this shit?! This is freaking me the fuck out. He grabbed an alcohol wipe and cleaned a circle on my arm. She grabbed a large box and opened it. She pulled out a small jar filled with a golden liquid. She then grabbed a huge needle and emptied some of the liquid in the jar into it. She then threw the jar in one of those 'hazardous waste' bins. "W-What is that?!" I stuttered while staring directly at the needle. She didn't answer me. Instead, she jabbed the needle into my arm. I clenched my eyes shut and grit my teeth as she injected the mystery goo inside of my arm. I began to shake uncontrollably, but this wasn't from fear or nervousness, it was from the strange liquid. I slammed my head against the back of the chair. My shaking began to decrease in pace. The shaking soon turned into pure pain all throughout my body. "You're all done!" She said cheerily. Is she actually proud of this?! The fuck is wrong with this chick?! She freed me from the chair as I made my way to the door. I had to use all the strength left in me to open the door. Doing so left me even weaker. My legs gave out before I could make my way out of the waiting room. Before I hit the ground Tyler managed to catch me, again. They all looked at me in horror. I tried to stand up again, but I just couldn't. The lady walked out of the room and called for Evan. He looked at her as if she were crazy. "Don't worry! His experiment required him to have a much stronger dose than all of yours combined! You'll all be perfectly fine!" She stated. "Can I help Craig back to the room?" Tyler asked. "But you haven't had you're tests yet." She argued. "I'll come straight back. Craig can't walk on his own. Please!" He begged. Andrea sighed. "Be quick!" She demanded. "Thank you so much!" He said as he basically carried my out the door. Once the door shut he picked me up bridal style and walked me through the halls. "You okay, Craig?" Tyler questioned me. I just grunted in response. "You don't have to be that specific..." He grumbled sarcastically. I gave a weak giggle until I got a sharp pain in my side. He stopped. "I-It wasn't you. D-Don't worry..." I tried to say, but it sounded more like a whisper. He then continued walking. We finally made it to our room. When we walked in everyone stared at us, and when I say us I mean me. He carefully placed me on the bed. Once he left the room everyone crowded around me. "Dude, are you okay?!" "What happened?!" "Damn you look like shit..." They said. I couldn't make out who said what, but I'm positive that it's them. My eyes slowly begin to close on their own. Soon enough I blacked out.