Chapter 21- Track

Cody's/RacingCatz POV (This was the day before Mini's Dream)
Where is Tyler and Craig? They've been gone for WAY too long... Why do I have to care about these guys?! Why can't I just go back to my track buddies back at home? Why did I have to join this stupid experiment thing?! Ya know what! I'm going to visit them today! Maybe we race around the track a few laps! I sat up from my bed to leave, but the door swung open. "Cody! What's up, man" Luke greets, walking into the bedroom we all shared. Luke?! Of all the people in the world that could've walked in, it had to be Luke! The one I care about most... "Oh! U-Uh, hiya Luke! I was just about to leave" I stuttered. "Oh! Where are you going" Luke asks me with curiosity sparkling in his eyes (what color are his eyes?!). "I'm going to visit some old friends. You wanna come with me" I offer unconsciously. Shit! Why did I say that?! "Sure! Lead the way" Luke exclaimed with joy. I couldn't help but giggle at his enthusiasm. "Okay"
    ~~~Time Skip to the Track~~~
"Cody! It's been so long! We've missed you" Speedy yelled happily. (The Crew is here!) Yeah! It's been forever" Shadow shouted. I laughed at them. Oh, how I missed these fuck tards. "Hey! You wanna race for old times sake" SideArm asked with hope lacing his words. I looked over at Luke who was fidgeting nervously. He must not be fond of new people. "Only if Luke wants to" I stated, earning a wide grin from Luke. "Yeah, dude! I'm gonna kick all of your asses" Luke exclaimed with confidence. "Are you sure about that" I questioned cockily. "Let's get this race on bitches" Luke demanded, running to the starting line. We all chuckled and followed him. Nobody Epic stood next to the finish line with the usual stop watch. "3, 2, 1... Go!" He counted. We all darted down the track, but something in my head clicked. I felt something similar to a buzz rush through my body. It felt like all of the energy built up inside of me was being let out all at once. I picked up my pace and ran past everyone with ease. The more I ran the faster I got and soon enough, I couldn't see straight I was running so fast. Everything was passing my by at once. The same scenery flew by at lightning speed as I ran around the track. What's happening?! What's going on?! After a few moments of this, I grew light headed. My feet collapsed beneath me, causing my to tumble across the cold concrete. All of the energy I had inside of me completely drained and I grew weak. I eventually rolled of the track field and into the wet grass. I couldn't hear anything but the distant, muffled screams of what I'm assuming is my friends. Black dots filled my vision as I slowly drifted off into a deep slumber.
Luke's/Cartoonz's POV
We took off when one of Cody's friends finished the count down. I was in first place for a few moments, but was knocked to the ground by a huge gust of wind. I looked around to see that everyone had fallen, but Cody was no where in sight. I looked around to see a human-sized blur flash by me over and over again. Eventually, the blur tripped and slid against the track field. The blur was Cody. "Holy shit" I exclaimed, worried. Cody rolled into the grass, stopping. The guys and I all bolted to Cody's aid, but he had passed out before we got there. Cody's whole body was pale and he had large scratches all over his body from where he had tripped. "How did he do that?! Luke, did you know Cody could do that" One of them asked, mortified at what he had witnessed. How did Cody do that? Wait... The experiments! They gave Cody super speed! How do I explain this shit to them?! Well after what just happened I'm sure they'll believe almost anything! "Nope, and neither did Cody" I stated, doing my best to tend to his wounds. They all looked at me with confusion. "Ya know when Cody left you guys for a while" I asked, looking around at them. "Yeah, it was for some type of volunteer thing that had to do with a whole bunch of science  and shit like that" One of them spoke up. "Well this is what he signed up for. What we all signed up for" I informed them. Their confusion grew denser, making me sigh. "Those people we volunteered for. They're scientist working to evolve man-kind. They gave us all superpowers and one of us gets ours each day. Cody was the unlucky soul that got his today" I explained. They nodded, exchanging glances. "Have you gotten yours yet?" One of them asked. "Nope, but I will soon" I stated, picking Cody up and walking away. "Bye guys! It was nice meeting you, but we have to leave. DO NOT tell anyone that this ever happened" I called behind me, making my way back to the lab to tell the guys the news.
Bam! RacingCatz has super-speed! Yay! It's almost time for the real story to begin! Thanks for reading! Buh bai!