Chapter 13- The Cop

David's/Nogla's POV (It's the next day now and I want to use Nogla's accent, but I'm OCD when it comes to grammar so just imagine his Irish accent <3)

I sighed as I slipped my hands into the pockets of my green hoodie as I roamed the sidewalks beside the street. The guys back at the lab are becoming less strict by the second. At first they were extremely strict, then they let us go out a little, and now we are able to walk around as we please. Since we've managed to keep our powers secret, even when in public, they've decided to trust us in our abilities to quote on quote 'lay low'. What am I supposed to do? I would like to be with Lui right now since I feel closer to him than the rest of the guys, but he was busy and I can't really talk to any of my family or friends back at home since they're in Ireland and I'm in America. Since I forgot to bring my cell phone when I left the lab that's not really an option. Hold on a sec- A pay phone!!!! I ran around looking for any sign of a pay phone, but to no avail. Dammit! I got really excited too... I sighed again and started walking. I was about to turn back to the lab when something caught my attention. A pay phone!!!!! I sprinted to the device so no one would get there before me. I shut the door right as I entered the small room-like thing and dialed my mom's number. It rang a few seconds before her voicemail played. I shrugged and redialed the number. After a few rings, unlike the last attempt, I heard a soothing and familiar voice answer the phone. "Hello?" She asked. "Mom!" I exclaimed happily. "David! Aww, baby I've missed you!" She cheered. "I've missed you too, mom! How's is it back at home?" I questioned, excitement and joy lacing my every word. "It's been fine, but it's not the same without you and Andrew!" She stated with a hint of sadness. "I'll be back soon mom, don't worry. I'll make sure Andrew comes back to visit you as well." I said with a small smile. "How is it in America?" She asked me. Should I tell her the truth? Would she believe me? Ugh, I hate decisions like these... "Um, well, it's kinda hard to explain, it'll be a lot easier to show you when I get back home." I said. It's not a lie. It would be extremely difficult to explain to her that I signed up for some random ass thing and ended up with a bunch of random ass guys that are in the same boat as I'm in. "Are you okay? Is anything going on?" Mom questioned, obviously panicked.  "It's okay mom, I'm perfectly fine. I've just put myself in a very confusing situation, but it's nothing to worry about." I stated, in hope that she'd leave it at that and not question me any further. "Fine, but I'm calling you back later to make sure you're okay!" She promised. I groaned. "Okay, I love you." I said. "I love you too." "Bye" "Bye" With that the phone call ended and I was left alone once again. I set the phone back in it's original place and exited the phone booth. I then searched for one of those things where all the cars stop and you have to walk across the street whenever the light on the other side of the sidewalk turns green, I forgot what they called them in America. I eventually found one and waited for the light. Luckily for me, there isn't anyone else planning to cross the street so I wot have to squeeze my way through. I heard the sound of sirens in the distance, but ignored them. Fucking Americans... They're so fucking hostile sometimes. I heard a ding and the light turn green, signaling me that it was okay to cross now. I flipped my hood over my head and walked across, only to stop in the middle of the road. The sound of the sirens got suspiciously closer and now I can hear the sound of gunfire, cursing, and helicopter propellers. I turned only to see a huge, armored vehicle speeding at me. I froze in place. I don't have enough time to run. I'm going to die here. Held my hands out and braced for impact. I watched as my death sped closer, and closer to me. I felt the cold metal hit my hands, but I wasn't dead. I looked through the window shield and saw three horrified males with machine guns. I then looked down and noticed my feet had dug what looks to be two inches down into the concrete from where I had stopped the huge car. I lifted my hands from the front of the car to see to massive dents in the shape of hands. What surprised me the most was the fact that this was a military grade, armored vehicle that I jut stopped with me bare hands. The cops were now surrounding me as well as the car. All they did was step out of their card and stare, and I'm pretty sure it's not the criminals they're staring at. The helicopter I heard earlier landed, revealing that it belonged to the news company. Eventually, a few cops got the guts to walk over and arrest the convicts. I made sure to keep my hood up so no one could see my face. The people back at the lab aren't gonna be happy, so it'll be better to remain mysterious so I'll have less of a lecture. Once they were taken away, the news reporter and her team all crowded around me. Fuck. The stuck the camera in my face so I looked down to avoid being known. "How did you do that?!" He asked as she brought the microphone to my face. I groaned and turned to leave, but was blocked my the rest of her team. "Can you please let me out?" I asked silently. "We will once you answer a few questions." She answered. I was about to counter when an unexpected voice entered out conversation. "C'mon, the boy doesn't want to talk so don't make him." He said while moving some of her team to make a path for me. The reported obviously didn't like the fact that the man was helping me, but she kept quiet. "Here, follow me. I'll get you outta here and no one will be able to follow us." He offered. "Th-Thanks..." I muttered. He then led me to his cop car and motioned for me to get in the passenger seat. I did as he said and sat down. He drove off, leaving the scene. "So, what's your name?" He asked me. I tensed. What do I do?! What do I say?! Do I tell him?! "I won't tell, I promise. I'm not like those punk ass journalists and reporters." He said jokingly. Well, he seems like a trust worthy guy. "D-David..." I replied hesitantly. He smiled. "Cool, I'm Ryan, but my cop buddies call me Ohm." He said. I didn't question his odd nickname, but it still wavered in my mind. "I know this may be asking for a bit much, but do you mind taking off your hood? I feel like I just met Superman and I'd like to see who Clark Kint is." He asked as he slowed the car to a complete stop. I'm guessing it's because he didn't want to take his eyes off the road while driving. I sighed and reluctantly flipped my hood down. He smiled. I shifted under his curious gaze. "So how long have you been able to do that?" He questioned. "W-Well, it just happened a few minutes ago... My friends can-" I started to say, but cut myself off when I realized what I almost said. "Your friends can what?" He questioned. What is this a game of twenty questions?! What the hell?! "L-Look, I'm thankful that you helped me out of that situation, but all I need now is for you to drop me off do I can head back." I stated while trying to be as polite as possible. He sighed in understanding, but was still disappointed. "Where do you want me to drop you off?" He questioned. "Here is nice. Thank you, again." I said as I stepped out of the car. I was about to walk off when Ryan stopped me. "Wait." He commanded. I stopped and faced him. "Here." He said as he handed me a piece of paper. "Call me if you ever need anything or need someone to talk to." He said with a smiled. I returned his smiled and nodded as I then walked back to the lab.