Chapter 3

"Honey! You're already late for school," my mom screams, trying to wake me up. 'Try' is the keyword.

"Let me sleep a little more." I groan, tightening my grip on my stuffed bear, Fluffy. She's pink in color and has a small ribbon attaches to her. Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want. So what if I have a stuffed bear? It's not that childish. Plus, she helps me to sleep, a lot. It's hard for me to sleep without hugging her.

"Elisa Evans! Wake up! I'm going to be late for work if you don't wake up!"

"What's the time now?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

"7.40 a.m. You've got only 20 minutes to get ready."

"Oh crap." I instantly get up and shoot my mom a pity look.

"Mom, can I skip school today? I'm already late and—"

"Elisa. Evans. Get your butt off your bed and get ready for school. Now," she says in her sternest voice that causes my blood to turn cold. My mom can be kind of cool if she wants to. But it seems like now isn't the time.

"Okay, fine! I'm going." I quickly skip to the bathroom and take a fast bath that included brushing my teeth and cleaning my face using a facial cleanser. Hey, a girl needs to take care of her beauty too although she's late.

I throw myself into the simplest outfit I could find: an oversized sweatshirt, leggings and a pair of vans. Done! I put my hair in a messy bun and step down the stairs hurriedly but then an annoying sight greets my eyes.

"Did you turn off my alarm?" I hiss.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you, my annoying 19-year-old brother, Edward Evans.

"Maybe, if you call the loud sound that your phone was making is an alarm," he says, smirking.

"You annoying little bastard. I'm going to—"

"Aren't you already late for school? Poor school students. Glad I had already made it out alive." He fake a yawn.

"Ugh! I'll deal with you later!" I narrow my eyes and shoot him a murderous glare.

I then half-run to my car and start the engine before driving which obviously exceeds the speed limit.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm glad I made it out. Now, time to go to class.

"Where's my planner?" I mutter in fear as I rummage through my bag to search for my damn planner.

Oh my God! I'm dead! I'm totally absolutely freakingly dead!

"Okay, calm down Els. Don't panic. All you need to do is to remember the first period you had last week on Tuesday." I close my eyes and search through my memory like Jimmy Neutron did but I can't find the answer.

I sigh in frustration before something clicks my mind. "I think it's either Chemistry or Physics." I frown, rubbing my chin. Last week, we did an experiment. But in this infuriating situation, I couldn't seem to remember what type of experiment we did and which class was it.

"I'll go with Chemistry first." I heaved a sigh.

Note to myself, keep the schedule in your goddamn iPhone next time.