Chapter 10

"No way. Why would I let someone like you to come into my house?" I fold my arms and narrow my eyes at him.

"You mean, someone as sexy as me? Buttercup, you do have a thing for me, don't you?" His lips curve into a smirk.

"Oh please, do you love your reflection that much, Narcissus?" I scoff.

"I don't mind to change if you're the nymph Echo." His smirk grows wider. He knows Greek mythology? This is new.

"Even if I'm the nymph Echo, you won't change. We know in the end you have to suffer with longing because of your sun's size of an ego." I roll my eyes.

"Buttercup, I really love to chat with you about Greek mythology but you see, some of us have a stomach that may explode if it's not filled with food." He makes puppy eyes while patting his stomach.

"Fine," I mutter in defeat.

~~~~~~~~~~

"So what do you want to eat?" I ask while pulling the kitchen's seat.

"Do you have steak?"

"Nope."

"Chicken chop? Spaghetti? Grilled lamb? Sushi? Macaroni? Roasted beef fillet?"

"No, no, no, nope, nay and nope." I smirk.

"Then why bother to ask?" He scowls in annoyance.

"To make you suffer from hunger." A smug look is plastered on my face.

"Don't challenge me, Evans." He stands up and walks dangerously close towards me. He leans forward until there is only a small gap between our faces.

Uh-oh. I gulp nervously.

"Fine! We'll eat burger." I smirk, trying to appear unaffected by our closeness. He steps back and sits on the seat opposite to mine.

"Good, where's my burger?" He raises an eyebrow.

"You mean, where's your soon-to-be-eaten burger?" I smirk.

"What? Damn it Evans, I'm so hungry, I'm not even kidding. Where. Is. My. Damn. Burger?" He grits his teeth.

"Woah, woah, easy there tiger. Alright, we'll eat soon after we've finished making the burger."

"Do I need to cook?" He growls in annoyance.

"Yes because I can't do it alone." I smile at my own lie.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Smells good," he says while drooling at the burgers.

"Relax, Deany-boy. I won't make my special guest die from hunger." A smirk spreads across my lips before I sit down beside him. I just notice that I smirked a lot after spending my time with this jerk. I give him his burger and let he has the first bite before asking, "How does it taste?" I then dig in my own burger without waiting for his answer.

"Delicious of course, because I'm the one who makes the buns taste crispier." He gives me a smug look.

"Please, do you really think your narcissism will get you anywhere?" I huff in annoyance. "Your job was just to grill the buns while I did the rest. Even a five-year-old kid could do that."