The Middle: Heaven Sent

Ok so I saw you guys kinda arguing and what not in the comments before it got deleted about the French portions of this book. Once again, I'm American. I am not fluent in French nor have I studied it before so I'm going by what I already knew and a translator :) no need to get upset with each other! Thanks for those who helped me, the grammatical errors will be fixed ASAP and thanks to those who defended me also. Anyways, carry on. 👸🏽
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"This is what kings do when they're not running a country?" Chanel asked and ran her fingers through her curls as we walked through the garden to get to the other side of the palace where the cars were. I just shrugged. "No, not really, Miss Celie. I just sit around the palace all day because no one will let me go out and do anything fun." She frowned. "How long have you been stuck up in that place? And I swear if you call me that again-"

I tapped on my chin with my index finger and let out a soft chuckle. "About...." I trailed off. "All my life, to be completely honest with you." She opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by one of my security guards, Charlie. "est ce la femme de ménage?" Translation: Is is the cleaning woman?

Chanel crossed her arms over her chest and looked him up and down. Oh, great. "I'm not the cleaning woman, sir. I'm more of his personal assistant. I don't know how to speak French all that good but I know what that last part meant!" Of course she did.

Charlie looked shocked. I guess he didn't expect her to understand French. Hell, he didn't understand English so both of them were in the same boat. They gave each other death glares before I stepped in the middle. "Sha-Nell, he doesn't speak English. I would also like to apologize on his behalf."

She just nodded. I turned to talk to Charlie. "elle est mon amie." Translation: she is my friend. Although she had no idea what I was talking about, Chanel nodded her head too and stood beside me. Charlie got the memo I suppose because he dropped the subject and walked away towards the palace.

"Who even was that? He was about to catch these hands." I chuckled. "My security guard, Sha-Nell. They check on me from time to time to make sure that nobody is trying to get me." She crossed her arms and we continued to walk. "So they don't trust you by yourself? What? Don't tell me the big and mighty King Justinan can't take care of himself!" Her laughter rang through my ears and I just watched her laugh until she clenched her sides and settled down. Well, that hurt.

"No," I shot back. "It's not me that they don't trust. It's the people around me that keeps giving us problems but what would you know about the problems us royals go through?" I felt proud of myself and started laughing hard like she had minutes before. Chanel was speechless and said nothing.

After the long walk around the palace, we had finally arrived at the car lot where all of our chauffeurs parked our vehicles after we rode in them. I heard her gasp behind me, only making me smirk.

"All of these are yours?!" She asked, sounding more shocked than excited. I shook my head no. "Unfortunately not, majority are though. The red Lamborghini over there belongs to Jaxon. He isn't allowed to drive it on his own." Her eyes followed in the direction of my hand as I explained each car. "The white BMW over there is Jazzy's. She can't drive that on her own either, obviously." She giggled and I continued. "The other six parked on the other side are my parent's cars. Then, you have mine...." I pointed over to the special places my cars were being held. Her mouth dropped to the floor and she nearly ran over the other cars trying to get to mine. I laughed and followed behind her. "Wait, don't touch-" Before I could finish my sentence, she grabbed the handle of the car and all of the sirens went off in the entire building.

Chanel covered her ears with her hands and screamed for me to turn it off. I ran back over to the main entrance and clicked the green button, signaling to all of the guards that everything was okay. Then, I put in the special passcode and watched as all of the lights and sirens died down. When I looked back at Chanel, she was wheezing and holding her hand to her chest.

"Sha-Nell, are you dying?" I raised an eyebrow and watched her struggle to catch her breath. "Don't die, okay? I-I think I saw your grandma in the g-garden..." I struggled to get out my words and bolted towards the door, but was stopped by her uncontrollable laughter. I turned on my heels and watched her in disbelief.

"Y-You should've seen your face!!!" I frowned and crossed my arms over my chest. The last time I checked, dying wasn't funny. She laughed some more but then stopped when she realized my facial expression hadn't changed. "Wait..you honestly thought I was dying?" I slightly nodded. She chewed on her bottom lip and took my arm in her hands. "I'm sorry. I was only joking around. You barely laugh and let loose so I wanted to make you laugh and have fun."

"How is dying fun?!"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Don't ask. Lets just go somewhere fun, then. I know this really cool food place that has games there too that we can play." I shook my head no. "I can't go. If you haven't noticed, everybody knows who I am. I'm not supposed to go to public places without letting my guards know."

Chanel grabbed my hand and lead me to my black Porsche. "You're the king, you can do as you please."
                                   ~C~
Justinan fumbled around with the menu and stared down at it like he actually knew what any of this food was. He would glance over the menu every so often and quickly look back down when I noticed him doing so. Since he decided to come with me, a disguise was needed. He wore black sunglasses, Jaxon's black hoody and joggers, and his black boots.

Mrs. Pattie, the owner and my grandma's best friend, came over to the table with her signature pink pen and pad. She looked over at Justinan with a smile. "Can I take your order, sir?" He cleared his throat and spoke up. "Yes, I want the chicken with macaroni and cheese and mashed potatoes." She smiled again and turned to me. "And for you, Ms. Chanel? The regular?"

"Yes, I'll take the ravioli, Pattie. Thank you." I handed her our menus and she sped off towards the kitchen. Justinan looked confused. "Why is it that you ordered your food and didn't look down at the menu? How do you know what to order?" I giggled. "I've been coming here with my grandma since I was a little girl. I eat the same thing every time." He mumbled a silent "oh" and looked around at all of his surroundings.

"Justinan," I started off and he turned his head back to face me. "You know you look suspicious with all that black on, right?" He looked down at himself and then back up at me. "I thought I did well for my first time wearing normal people clothes. Besides, nobody would suspect the king of their country to be wearing sweats out in public like this."

While waiting for the food, we engaged in small talk and I learned a lot about Justinan and his country. As of right now, they were having problems with some people overseas who made the lives of his people a living hell. He wrote music in his spare time and basically lived for my grandma's spaghetti. I also learned that she had been taking care of Justinan since he was around the age of five because their parents were so busy running the country so she was like a mother figure to him and his siblings. His favorite color was black, obviously, and he's a really good dancer.

"Justinan, you don't use a fork for the chicken." I giggled and watched him struggle to break through the skin of the fried chicken with his fork. "Yes I can, and I will." He looked determined as he jabbed his fork in one last time and got to the meat. He looked up at me and stuck his tongue out. Then, he pulled a piece of chicken with his fork and placed it in his mouth. He moaned, "Sha-Nell, this chicken is heaven sent."

I nodded and dug into my ravioli. "I know, she makes the best in France but don't tell my grandma I told you that. Her and Mrs. Pattie have been battling back and forth for years on who can make the best fried chicken." He placed his fork on a napkin and broke the skin of the chicken with his fingers. Then, he put another piece in his mouth and repeated the action. "Is it that good?"

He nodded. "So good!" I only laughed and continued to eat. That's when his phone started ringing, taking his attention off of the good food in front of him. He groaned and reached into his pockets and answered it.

"Oui?" He snapped and someone on the other end started yelling in French. It had to be his father. Justinan clenched his phone in his hand and ran the other through his hair. "Calm down, father. I'll be home in a few minutes." His father started yelling again and Justinan hung up the phone.

"Sorry about that, he's on his monthly. We should get back."