The Middle: My Connie's Keeper

~J~
"Lift it up more, idiot!" I heard Jaxon's voice yelling from outside of the tent. I groaned and rolled over to the other side to see that Chanel was also gone from beside me. "I am, stupid! Just give me a minute and I'll get it together!" Her voice rang in my ears from outside as well. I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands and stretched my arms out, although I was too tall for the fort because my arms hit the top instantly. I let out a soft sigh and searched the tent for my shirt and pants, which were nowhere to be found. While internally cursing, I stood up as far as I could and unzipped the tent to see Chanel, Jaxon, and a few other worker people all standing outside looking at me. My cheeks blushed a shade of bright pink and I quickly covered my lower half with the sheet from inside of our littl fort.

"Sir?" One of them asked and tilted his head at my almost naked body. "Have you completely gone mad, sir?" There were a lot of chuckles, majority of them coming from Chanel. Jaxon crossed his arms over his chest and stood beside Chanel. "Brother, if you wanted to go skinny dipping this morning you should've said something. I would've told everyone to come set up for the wedding later."

I tied the secured the sheet around my waist as if it were a towel and glared at him and Chanel. She smirked at me. "Damn, baby. I would've stayed in there if I knew you were going to give me this type of show this early in the morning." I chewed on my bottom lip and grabbed her by the inside of her arm. "Why did you leave me in there half naked and then not tell me that there were guests here?"

"Weeeeell..." She said and released herself from my grip. "I thought you would've slept longer but...you didn't?" I shook my head at her. "Not good enough, try again."

"Okay what happened was...Jaxon woke me up this morning around six and said he needed woman's touch to the whole wedding setting up thing so he wouldn't completely screw up trying to make London's dream wedding come true and you know I'll never give up an opportunity for me to put my two cents into something and-"

I cut her off. "I heard you two yelling at each other, love. That's what woke me up." She gasped and I laughed at how shocked she was. She turned to Jaxon and jabbed her fist into his bicep. He flenched and moved over a bit so that he was now a couple of feet away from her. "Ow! That hurt! You're the one that was yelling at me because I didn't know how to put flowers on a string. Who does that anyways? It's absurd, Justinan, really."

I chuckled and ran my hands along my chin. "Where's my clothes, Chanel? We didn't-" She cut me off by shaking her head quickly and handing me a bag that was sitting on one of the posts with flowers on them. "Here, I had to use your shirt and pants so that the man getting the tuxedos together wouldn't mess up your size. I didn't want to wake you so I took your clothes." I grabbed the bag from her and gave her a slight nod. "I'll see you in a bit then."

"Wait!" She called after me after I turned around to go into the palace. I did a complete 360 and stopped when I was facing her. "Yes?"

"I want to make you breakfast." She looked down at her feet nervously and then back up at me. I only smiled. "Sure, love. I'll let your grandmother know so that she won't start breakfast without you." Her face instantly brightened and her smile was almost too big for her face. I turned around again and started walking through the garden to the back door of the palace.

Please, please don't let anyone else see me like this. I silently prayed and took in a deep breath before turning the door knob and opening the back door.