The Middle: Let Me Know

Sorry for the wait ❤️ thank you all for understanding and for all of your kind words. You don't know how much I appreciate them. Oh, and to say thank you I made a King Justin playlist of some of the songs I listen to when I'm writing the chapters. Just search it on Spotify. I'll add which song I used in the chapter so you'll know also. Thanks for reading.
***

"Ah, your highness, you're even more dapper in person." The etiquette coach beamed at me and bowed before both Chanel and I. Chanel rolled her eyes and I tapped her on the back to signal for her to stop it. I smiled and motioned for the woman to stand. "My mother has invited you to the palace to train my queen, correct?" I asked her. She nodded quickly. "Oh yes, sir! I'll be very happy to train your queen. Where is our lady?"

"Right here." Chanel said nonchalantly and took a seat at the dinner table. The woman gasped and held her hands up. "I'm so sorry, your highness. I didn't know that she was going to be your queen. I was informed by your father months ago that lady Elizabeth-"

I cut her off and sat beside Chanel. "..is no longer going to be my wife." I completed her sentence for her and she sat down in front of us. "Of course." She smiled at Chanel and reached her hand across the table to shake hers. Chanel was hesitant but took her hand nonetheless and firmly shook it. "Well, let's get started."

"You can start by introducing yourself." I told her with a smile. She nodded and started blushing a little. "Of course, your highness. My name is Evelynn Wimbush and I teach etiquette classes to the most prestigious people. I taught your sister everything she knows."

Chanel tapped her nails against the table and stared at Evelynn, who chuckled nervously. "If they're so prestigious then why haven't they learned all of these things. I mean, if they're so high and mighty shouldn't they know those things already?"

"Precisely," Evelynn said. "Some of them have had things being done for them their entire lives so for them to be independent and learn things on their on was the challenge. Most of them were spoiled rotten."

"Well, lucky for you I wasn't." Chanel said, giving her one of her best fake smiles. I chuckled and placed my hand over hers. "Don't take anything my Chanel says to heart. She's always like this around people she doesn't feel comfortable with yet." Evelynn smiled at her then. "Note taken. I promise Chanel, we'll be best friends by the time your training ends."

Connie walked into the dining room bringing out my finest China set and set it up in front of Chanel slowly. She watched her grandma closely. "Okay, Chanel. Sit up straight, darling." She followed her grandma's instructions and sat upright against the chair. "Good, good. You have very good posture so that it is a start." Evelynn said to her and started writing something down on a sheet of paper. Chanel glanced over at it. "What's that for?"

"For me to keep track of all of your accomplishments each day. By the end of the week you should be able to do everything and remember everything with ease."

Chanel took a deep breath and nodded. "Okay, next you're going to learn the basic dinner fundamentals for today and how to walk in a straight line." She told her and picked up a single fork. "This is your dinner fork. You don't touch this fork until the food actually gets to the table." She placed the fork on the table where it was supposed to be. "This is always the fork closest to the plate on the left side. It is also the one that is fairly larger than the other fork." She picked up the one next to it and held it in front of Chanel. "This one is your salad fork. It's always beside the dinner fork and looks identical to it, except this one is smaller. That's how you can remember how to tell them apart."

Chanel only nodded, Evelynn continued. "To the right of the plate," She picked up the first knife. "is your dinner knife. Once again, this is the bigger one and is the one closest to the plate." She put that one down and picked up the one beside it. "This is your salad knife, it is much smaller than your dinner knife. Just like the forks-"