The Middle: Treated Like A Queen

I'm changing my update days to every Thursday

                               ~J~
Chanel's chest rose and fell in a rhythmic motion as she laid across my chest. Her arms are sprawled all around my head and neck area and her legs were intertwined with mine.

"How the hell.." I mumbled and looked down at the way her body wrapped itself around mine naturally. She moved a little in her sleep, causing her hair to fall in front of her face. Her entire silhouette was beautiful, nothing like I've ever seen before. Being here in the Northern Palace made me even more anxious to make her fully mine. Someday, we would live here together without anyone getting in the way of our loving.

I squirmed around underneath her and gently removed her limp arms from around my neck. After that, I slid her body over to the other side of the bed and slid myself from underneath her. I replaced my body with one of the larger pillows so that she wouldn't awake from her slumber.

I sat on the edge of the bed to regain my composure and rubbed my eyes with the back of my hands. Chanel sighed softly and squeezed the life out of the pillow in her arms. Without looking back at her, I went over to the dresser and pulled out one of my old sweat sets, a simple black T-shirt and the black sweatpants to match, and a pair of underwear.

After I put all of that on, I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and came back out to Chanel still sound asleep. I clapped my hands softly and smiled to myself. I still had time.

Trying my best not to make a sound, I walked out of the bedroom and into the living area of the wine cellar. I tiptoed down the steps and shut the window to my secret room. Once I was down the steps and into the main cellar, I walked to the door and opened it, running straight into London. She smiled and put her wet hair into a bun. "Good morning, your highness. We didn't know you slept here last night. Jax thought that you would've went back to the main palace since you guys aren't married yet."

I nodded to her. "Morning. I spent the night in one of my hidden rooms here. Have the two of you had breakfast yet?"

She shook her head no. "Jaxon is still sleeping and I just got out of the shower. I was going to cook something in a few minutes if you wanted? I know we kind of got off on the wrong foot yesterday but I-"

I cut her off and placed both hands on her shoulders. "London, you're my sister now. Siblings fight all of the time. I can't even count on my hands and feet how many times Jaxon, Jazmyn, and I were close to killing each other. I know that I can be a bit of a drama queen at times and for that I deeply apologize. I'll try and work on that."

Her smile widened. "Thanks...why are you so jolly this morning?" She tapped her foot against the hardwood floor. "I would've pictured Jaxon with your facial expression but it's not him so spill. What happened? You're much happier than usual."

"Am I?" I asked and turned away from her towards the kitchen. "Yes!" She yelled to me and followed me down the hallway and up the stairs. "You're even smiling genuinely. Something great happened to you and I'm not leaving until I figure out what it is."

I shrugged and pushed the door to the kitchen open. "As you wish." I opened the fridge and pulled out fresh berries. Then, I reached above it and took down some pancake mix. "Pancakes alright? I don't want my nephew to starve."

"Nephew? How do you know she isn't a girl?" London asked, taking a seat on one of the bar stools. I started the oven up and poured the pancake mix in a bowl. "Because our family only makes boys. Jazmyn was supposed to be a boy too but she was too stubborn so she ended up being a girl."

"Is that what you've been telling yourself all these years?" She asked me and jumped down. "Got any orange juice?"

I pointed to the fridge on the other side of the kitchen. "It should be some in that one. That's filled with mostly juices and milk and things of that nature. The bigger fridge has food in it."