Chapter 10

SOTC: Blue by Troye Sivan
It's raining every time I open my eyes •

---------------------------------------

I hated the way that the walker looked at me. White-blond hair hung from her head like icicles, swinging as she clawed at the gas station window. She knashed her teeth, revealing a shredded mouth. Maybe she had already caught her first prey.

Her skin was cloudy and discolored. It looked like the color of white braces after a month of use. Her fingernails pressed against the glass. Wounds and scars traced her skin, bruises pooling in her cheeks and chin. A muffled grunt erupted from her throat as if to say, "You're next."

•••

I was.

I checked to see if the bite was still there, but I felt it. Still painful, but more like a dull ache.

I wanted to touch it, but I was afraid that I would somehow make it worse.

I noticed something. I should've been dead by now. Or at least deteriorating.
But I wasn't.

My breath caught in my throat as my eyes fluttered open. What the hell is happening to me?

I decided to take the plunge. Rolling up my shirt, I unwrapped my makeshift bandage, tossing the bloody tank top to the floor. I didn't really want to look, so my fingers mingled around the scab, picking at the grooves between the plates. I ran the pads of my fingertips over it.

It felt like a bite. My fingers slid down into a bowl-shaped divot in my flesh. When I finally looked at my fingers, they were covered with flakes of blood, kind of resembling Cheeto dust.

I was deteriorating. I should've been gone, but I wasn't.

Then it clicked. I put my head into my hands.

Dad's paperwork. The "Antidote Testing" was not a fluke. Somehow, he did make something that would save the lives of billions.

Or, he tried.

"Hold on, Keira. I need to give you your flu shot. Why? The office let me give it to you for free, at home. Come over, it'll only take a second. It won't even pinch."

Three more weeks...

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Ayyyyye we made it to chappie ten! 😸😸😸

So, thoughts?

I still feel evil from writing the last chapter >:)

Today I watched the pudding episode 😂😂😂😂

A/N 3-5-16: I'm so sorry that this chapter is short. I had to cut a lot of stuff out so that it would makes sense with the new revisions :)

Anywho...
QOTD: Fave youtuber?
AOTD: If I had to pick one, I guess I'd have to say Troye Sivan, tho Dan and Phil are close second.

RQOTD: "It does not trouble the wolf how many the sheep may be." -Virgil

------------------------------------------

Word Count:
461

Edited 12-30-15
Edited 1-28-16