BONUS (150k special!)

Hey umm I feel like you guys deserve something and I also just really wanted to try out this idea so

Yeah

Enjoy ¯\_()_/¯

SOTC: Arsonist's Lullabye by Hozier (yes this is a repeat but I think it fits well with the chappie)
My peace has always depended on all the ashes in my wake

April's face was shaped like a heart, sweetheart, bittersweet. She watched old VHS tapes of Disney movies, knew every word of Snow White. Maleficent was her favorite character. Just 'cause of her dragon morph, which was "Epic as fuck," in her own words. She wore a battered cargo jacket she stole from a walker, dark green like her eyes.

People said that they were like empty bowls, pupils as little black beads. Like her father's, all her prey saw was the maniacal thrill knifing through her gaze.

April, when she stared into the mirror every morning, didn't need to practice looking switchblade-switchback. Stone-set expression, freckles that seemed more like a bloodsplatter. A murderous curl to her smile. She wasn't a flame, that was reserved for the heroines. More of a monster-in-your-closet kind of gal.

When she came out of the RV with her father, you could see the resemblance. Same dark hair, hers in a messy braid tossed over the shoulder. Same kind of carefree violent air to her. Same grin, though hers was more a smirk, malicious intent scrawled across her face.

"Are we all settled down here?" Her hand reached to open her gun holster, the sound of Velcro tearing across the clearing, several of the scared group members around her flinching.

She flicked her head toward them, chuckle bubbling up her throat. "That scared you fuckers?" April drew the beretta, cocking it. The click ricocheted through the trees, making terrified winces shoot into the people's faces.

"Now," she started. "Daddy let me have one of y'all." She rose the gun to the head of a shivering woman, who struck a glare her way.

"Shit. I'll save you for Daddy." She blew out a blooming plume of steam into the cold night air, then took a step forward, scanning through faces.

Selecting a teenaged boy, April kneeled down to his level. He had a cowboy hat, dark waterfalls of hair falling out from under it. "I bet that really keeps ya warm durin' the winter. All that..." She pushed a sheet of his hair over with the nozzle of her gun, taking care to press the cold metal against his jawbone. A sheath of bandage and gauze revealed from underneath the hair.

His remaining eye clicked up to meet hers, and she rose her eyebrows, corners of her mouth ticking upwards. "Shit. That's one fucking steely glare. With one eye? Hella. Impressive."

She rose up to full height, putting a hand in the pocket of her cargo jacket. "What's your name, boy?"

When he didn't answer, April struck him across the lower half of his chin with the heel of her beretta. He returned with a reddened slap of color imprinted upon his skin, his eye cast downward.

"Let me ask again." She leveled the gun with the boy's face. A tremor echoed across his body. "What's your fucking name, or I'll shoot out your—"

"Carl." It came out not as a quiet squeak, but with a shot of defiance.

A laugh burbled up in her mouth. "Carl! No i's in it, I see." She threw back her head. "Shit, this is too fun! Daddy, can I have this one?"

Keeping the gun pointed at the boy, she swiveled toward her father for confirmation. He was smiling, as always. Was that pride in the crinkling of his eyes?

"April, sweetheart, he's all yours."

Looking back at her new plaything, she grinned maniacally. "Aw, yes!" She stamped her foot in triumph, pure joy in her face.

She kicked his legs. "Stand up, Carl-y." He looked up at her, straight into the barrel of her beretta. Moonlight glazed across the red echo of April's strike.

And in his iris, an icy fierceness remained. Cracked. But there.

It wasn't his voice that piped up. "Please. We can work something out, just—"

"Ugh." She gave a sharp glare toward the woman. "Shut up. Please."

She shook her head, so quick it could be mistaken for a shiver. "Please—"

"Shit, lady, just take your cue!" April narrowed her eyes. "Fucking stop talking, or I might put a bullet in Carl-y's head. Got it?"

Then she rolled her eyes, smile returning. "I wouldn't do that to you, Carl-y. I don't want to lose another plaything."

Next, grabbing the collar of the boy's shirt, she yanked him up, forward, gun still level with his nose. Marching toward the RV, she pointed her beretta upwards and fired.

The boom resonated through the clearing, and even some of her father's men winced. April gave a grin, tucking the gun into its holster.

Suddenly stopping, she laid a finger on her lip in wonder. "I almost forgot." Turning, she found the glares of the group, each a little bit more frayed than the last.

She gave a sweeping bow. "It's a performer's duty to thank her audience." She rose, soaking in their fear.

It fueled her. She took each drop of terror onto her thumb, scraping her teeth over the pad of her fingertips to make sure she got as much as possible.

"So, thank you." A brilliant smile. Then she whirled around, shoving her plaything through the thin, stained doors of the RV, entering after him.

He fell down on one of the red pleather benches. April slid up next to him, peering into his face. He was marred with loss and dread, exposed like a peeled-open scab.

She leaned in so his nose was close to her lips. "Are you not entertained?" She whispered, and seeing the ice in his eye finally break, it was everything.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: woooa that was pretty great. I love this character I'm creating. Might continue?

Idk but the next bonus is probably going to be in a one-shot book. I made the cover last night, so I'll put that up soon.

Whatevs. Poor Coral, lol. This was so fun to write. It's 1:00am but it's totally worth it.

SELF PROMO: CHECK OUT THE NEW FANFIC OKAY?? I REALLY LIKE IT AND THERE'S HOT & STEAMY ROMANCE TOO!!

QOTD: Opinions on Dwight?
AOTD: I kind of love-hate him right now, but I feel like we'll all feel legitimately sorry for him by the end of the season.

QOTD2: Opinions on Carnid?

AOTD2: Coral really deserves somebody in his life to confide in and make him happy. Also, that rollerblade scene? My soul is cleansed.

Take care, fluff nuggets ~~

-------------------------------------------

Word Count:
1127

Created 11-19-16