Chapter 25

It's been half a day since I published the last chapter and it already has almost 50 views?!? You guys are awesomesauce.

Not sure if I've used this song before but whatevs

SOTC: BITE by Troye Sivan
I'm pulling on your heart to push my luck. 'Cause who's got any time for growing up? •

------------------------------------------

I feel the sunlight first, melting into my body. I'm squinting at the sky, the clouds gliding on the wind, and feel the wet grass prickle my skin.

Warmth in my hand. I look over and there's Kee, she's smiling and laughing and pointing up to a cloud that looks kind of like a dick.

I'm laughing too. She pulls me up, her eyes sparkling.

Then I trail my fingers along her chin and press my lips to hers, she smiles against them. Her fingers find my hair and my upper back, nails pressing on my skin.

Then I stumble into thin air, because there never was anything, and there never will be either.

• Ø • Ø •

Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster.
Monster. The word echoes over and over until I'm pressing my hands to my ears and eyes and mouth and chest. Nails dig through my flesh. I scream in agony, falling to the ground, but there's nothing left of me so I just let the pain go through my body, echoing like a screeching violin.

Monster. I'm the monster. I'll be ambling across a meadow with bloody flowers, corpses rotting on the dirt.

And then I flick my eyes back and forth, snarling. I find a nice piece of flesh to eat, it's sweet and leaves a faint metallic aftertaste in my mouth. Blue eyes turned crimson from the blood leeching into them. His cowboy hat covered in my red fingerprints.

•••

I woke crying. Carl hugged me, he told me it's okay, that nothing's hurting me, that everything will be okay. My cheeks were sticky and red and warm and my throat racked with jerky breaths.

I didn't even know why I was crying anymore. I felt like my body was crumbling with every passing moment, that I'd be whisked away by the slightest puff of wind.

"It's okay, don't worry, you're safe," Carl repeated the words over and over again until my sobs reduced to mere sniffles. I took a deep breath and turned to face him.

He's crying too.

He smiled, realizing that I'm seeing him and his tears and I can't help but hug him back.

"What was your dream about?" I whispered, my voice weak.

He took a breath and then I felt his tears spreading on my shirt. "You."

Me? The whole point of my staying out of his way was to keep him from worrying about me. He pulled back and looked me in the eyes. "How about you?"

Don't lie. I sighed and gulped, running my teeth on my lips. I remembered the blood-spattered cowboy hat from my nightmare. "You," I replied, my eyes squinting from all the pain.

He pulled me close, and my thoughts calmed to a mere spurt. He was warm, the solace was so comforting and we just sitting there, no obligations, no distractions.

And that's where we stayed until the clock tower fell.

---------------------------------------

A/N: I decided to start writing earlier than last time and whoops here's another chapter.

Sorry it's so short. I like it better this way tho...

Thoughts?

I drew a doge on my seat and I'm not even sorry.

QOTD: dogs or cats?
AOTD: ferrets.

RQOTD: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

---------------------------------------

Word Count:
628

Created 4-7-16