BONUS (175k special!)

On Christmas Day I'm going to publish the new one shot book! Take a gander at this sexy-ass cover :D

(I was planning on publishing this one shot with the new book, but then I decided that I liked it enough to make it a bonus.)

Thank you guys so much for 175k. Y'all are the pride of my life <3

---------------------------------------------

Amy's voice is like the tap tap of her fingernails drumming on the table, the rhythm of her sleeping chest as it rises and falls. Her voice is the kind of music that sets the whole world to a beat. A precise intake when Carl would nip the crest of her lip. A release as her fingers found the small of his back, pulling him up from the line of her collarbone.

Tap tap. The gunshots are faint behind these walls. Amy keeps a hand on Carl's heart as she watches him, and it throbs, one two, against her palm. She can hardly stand to look at his face. It's a melody thrown in discord, but one she cannot silence. The image of his wound, it's burned onto the backs of her eyelids.

You are my sunshine. The air tastes like fire. Amy's throat feels raw and choked as she forces out each syllable. The words are marred by her memories, each one bobbing to the surface of her mind like buoys.

My only sunshine. Carl used to let her wear his hat. It looks sexy on you, he'd say, and Amy's smile would glisten in the dark like Christmas lights.

You make me happy when skies are gray. She would play with his hair on rainy mornings when there wasn't much else to do. He smelled like azaleas and arson. She'd twist braids into these thorns and curl them around his head. They made crowns of their anguish, palaces of their blood.

You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. The music that rose from their fingers harmonized with their pain. Her torso was the fret, and his fingers danced along the strings. His mouth played quiet notes across her skin. One two, his hands each found her hipbone.

Tap tap. The gunshots tear holes in Amy's fantasies. One two, his heart throbs against her palm. It's a metronome to this sad little tune, to this world that digs its claws into her chest. His eye, a one with no two. She wears a thorned crown of her anguish.

One two. Amy can imagine Carl's fingertips meeting hers. The orchestra is packing up, but there is more to perform. The melody is faint, but it's still beating, one two, against her palm.

Please don't take my sunshine away. And she could've sworn that she saw a small smile reach up from the depths of this gray sky.

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry it's short, but I think it's pretty good. Idk about y'all lmao

I really want to start a new book. I miss the feeling of constantly writing for you lovelies. Idk when it's going to come around, but it's definitely in the works :)

OVERDOSE IS MY CHANDLER RIGGS FANFIC! It's set in the eighties! I'm publishing the last chapter this Friday! It would be the best Christmas gift ever if we could get it to 1k ☺️

QOTD: MUSIC RECS!!!!!
AOTD: YES!!!!

•Take a Walk — Passion Pit
•Cry Like a Ghost — Passion Pit
•Summertime Fling — SMiTHMUSiX
•Run — COIN
•2 Heads — Coleman Hell
•Fireproof — Coleman Hell
•I'm So Sorry — Imagine Dragons
•All the Right Moves — OneRepublic
•Taking Off — ONE OK ROCK
•Bedroom Warfare — ONE OK ROCK
•Something to Believe In — Young the Giant
•Cough Syrup — Young the Giant
•My Type — Saint Motel
•Cold Cold Man — Saint Motel
•Ophelia — The Lumineers
•Cardiac Arrest — Bad Suns
•Give Me a Try — The Wombats
•Greek Tragedy — The Wombats
•Anna Sun — WALK THE MOON
•Paper Wings — Sound Patrol
•Take it from Me — KONGOS
•Can I Get a Witness — SonReal
•Your Love Could Start a War — The Unlikely Candidates
•Weak — AJR
•Not a One — The Young Wild
•Painkiller — DREAMERS
•Spirits — The Strumbellas
•Tongues — Joywave
•Red Hot Lights — Moon Taxi
•Morocco — Moon Taxi
•Welcome to Your Life — Grouplove
•Tongue Tied — Grouplove
•Critical Mistakes — 888

Sidenote: that finale was bomb. All the hugs made my heart melt. And that death, the gory one, made me cheer and whoop and I'm still so happy :)))

I have a countdown on my computer until Feb 12. Only 61 days to go!!!

Have a lovely day, fluff nuggets. Keep an eye out for the one-shot book & a new fanfic! Thank you so much for 175k, and happy holidays <3

---------------------------------------------

Word Count:
782 words

Created 12-10-16
Published 12-13-16