astrology

time: satan's daytime

"Petaloúda," Eros started, his smooth voice never ceasing to make my heart beat a bit faster. "How was your day?"

The bed dipped gently as the mattress adapted to his weight.

"Full of crap. Unless you consider having an asshat annoying me all day, then yeah I had a great day."

"Who?"  His voice sounded strained.

I rolled onto my side, facing him. Even though I couldn't see his face, I'd never felt so...connected to someone. "Ethan motherfûcking Campbell. He never gives up, and honestly, it's not even fun anymore to insult him anymore."

"Anything else happened?"

"Believe it or not, my life is pretty uneventful," I stifled a yawn against my hand.

"How can it be boring if I'm here?"

"I hate to break it to you but your personality's as interesting as cardboard. Being arrogant has its cons," I teased, already predicting his answer.

"Touché, petalouda."

"I told you, I don't speak Feta Cheese," I said, not divulging the fact that I may or may like the nicknames he gave me.

An annoyed sigh slipped past his lips at the endearment (of sorts). "It means butterly."

"I prefer queen, but okay."

"Demanding, now are we?" 

I rolled my eyes at him, as I laid on my back, staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars that decorated my ceiling. I'd never outgrown them, always enjoying to see their dim neon glow on my plain white walls.

"What are you thinking about?" A dote of amusement laced his last word. His fingertips skimmed the side of my face, the touch was light, it felt like a dream. Sometimes, he didn't feel real. Maybe this was just my imagination.

A part of me wanted to say, you

But instead I said, "I need to pee."

that ending is actually me