sherlock holmes

^ in honor of Alan Rickman's death :'(

To those who don't know, he played Professor Severus Snape in the Harry Potter movies.

RIP Alan Rickman. You will always be remembered as one of the greatest actors in history and one of the most impressive humans to live on earth.

.

Waking up the next morning felt wrong especially because of the unsolved mess between Eros and I. Like the fact we'd shared saliva and some pretty intense neck kisses that made me blush just thinking about it. I could feel the crumbs of chocolate staining my face that served as the reminder of the rejection.

The motions of getting out of bed, changing and completing my morning necessities felt so robotic. Repeated.

Why did he affect me so much? Why did I let him affect me so much? Damn him and his spectacularly chiseled face, his lips that had to have some kind of spell on them (his kissing skills could not have come from natural causes).

I headed downstairs as a distraction from the current thoughts I was having and was met by the image of my parents, Ophelia and her boy toy merrily eating breakfast.

Not this bullshit again.

"Tessa, honey! Come eat breakfast," my mom waved me over, gesturing to the empty spot beside her. "Miranda, can you bring a plate for Tessa please?"

Not a moment later, Miranda brought a plate and I quickly sat down, the smell of buttery pancakes clouding my senses. "Thanks, Mel," I said, offering her a quick smile.

She returned the smile and scurried back into the kitchen.

"Tessa, you okay? You look a little tired. Surprising since you don't have a life," Ophelia said with a plastic smile, carefully murmuring the last part.

"Oh, just fuck off already," I snapped back, letting my irritation over life in general get the best of me.

"Girls, be nice to each other and watch you language," my dad chided, a stern expression settling in his features, threatening consequences. "We have a guest."

My mom looked like she wanted to beat the both of us with her shoe.

"No, it's fine, Mr. Calvin. My family is just like this too," Jacob commented amicably

"Do you have any siblings, Jacob?" My mom asked, her warm eyes gleaming with curiosity.

Damn, he got my mom charmed too.

"Unfortunately," he answered with a smile. "I have eight brothers."

"Wow," my dad replied, genuinely shocked. "I thought I came from a big family with three brothers and sisters."

"All biological?" My mom pondered out loud.

"No," Jacob answered suddenly looking stiff. "Most of my brothers were adopted."

Jacob and my parents continued chatting, and I stuffed another pancake into my mouth. "I'm going to school, I'm going to be late," I muttered as I left the table.

My mom shot me a pensive look. "Are you okay, darling?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, mom" was all I said before going out the door. I felt bad for giving such a curt answer but the truth was- I was far from okay.

.

don't forget to vote and comment :)