bonus: the gods accidentally create angels

PLEASE NOTE THAT for those with strong religious beliefs, i am not trying to offend anyone or target any religions. this is simply something of my own interpretation and imagination with the Greek gods.

thanks and hope you guys enjoy this!

the creation of a bunch of  irrelevant angels and eros

The gods had not originally intended for there to be angels. To be completely honest, creating the angels just kinda happened.

There's no greater explanation.

Zeus wanted them to be strong and law-enforcers, so he gave them iron wills and physical strength- of course not enough to overpower the gods.

Athena wanted them to be clever and intelligent; to know when to use emotion and when to not. She shaped their minds with her wisdom and created weapons for them- Michael especially loved his sword that Athena has tempered for him.

Apollo gave them bits of humanity to those who needed it the most. He also gave them music and appreciation for art and poetry.

Ares gave them each a streak of war, bloodlust. The want to protect what is theirs.

Hermes gave them wings, the power of travel. Their wings were an untainted white hue unlike Hermes's pale gold ones.

And finally, Aphrodite gave them each beauty, the kind that would bring tears to one's eyes because of their perfect features.

Their main purpose was to do the gods's dirty work but they soon transcended into the warriors of Elysium and somewhat took over the gods's jobs. They watched over the mundanes. They were not like fragile and pesky like them, always concerned with their exhausting, trivial issues.

The archangels were created first- Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Selaphiel, Raguel, and Barachiel. Each were assigned a different day of light, had a unique purpose. (Their names were kind of adopted by the different cultures in the world, and not heavily influenced by the Greek culture of it all- and even humans took part in naming.) This group was more powerful than the rest, wielding more power and authority over the others. They were meant to be stoic and unbiased; they felt little emotion because emotion clouded law.

They would retain order in heaven, making sure chaos didn't terrorize the universe and humans didn't kill one another and depopulate the earth from genocide.

And all the gods had to were watch mortals make mistakes- and sit back and laugh at the errors of humanity. Zeus found it particularly amusing when he would incinerate the humans with his lightening bolt and Dionysus would find great humor in watching the mundanes drown themselves drunk with wine.

From the archangels descended, guardian angels. They were more in touch with humanity; they felt compassion, sorrow, happiness. They felt empathy and sympathy; and at times, their consciences were influenced by emotions. Their mandate was to protect humanity and in more than a few cases, even be assigned to a specific human to be their therapist, protector of sorts.

In those angels was one named Eros. He was named after the god of love, also known as Cupid- Aphrodite's son. Aphrodite took a special interest in him, making sure he looked as perfect as his namesake. She made sure he was as lovely as his name- with dark, luscious brown hair and eyes that were a devastating blue. Features so perfect that her eyes threatened to tear up when she first saw him.

A rare smile curved her lips as he was finally created, rising from dust and light. The goddess wasn't see very often with that kind of compassion, that warmth in her emerald eyes. Aphrodite  felt like she'd adopted another son as she relayed a piece of advice that branded itself into the young angel's mind.

"You have a different peproméno stitched in the stars for you," she said to him as Eros's innocent, sapphire eyes met hers. "I can see it in your eyes."

"A different destiny?" He looked confused, tension drawing itself between his eyebrows. "I was created to be an angel. To protect the mundanes."

"You were. And you will. But I see a unique future for you, Eros. You have love written in your stars. Remember that."

And she disappeared in a dimming light, her crimson dress dauntingly dark against the blush-colored clouds and pale sky of heaven.

Eros served as a guardian angels for the next several millennia; somehow her words left a mark upon him, something he never forgot.

And he especially didn't forget Aphrodite's words when he fell for a human that became his sun, moon and stars and everything in between.