midnight meal(s)

i had said i'm going to be on hiatus, but i already had this chapter written so i decided to publish it anyways. and i've been hella procrastinating on midterm studying so might as well post this. i wrote this during my history class cause i had this mad epiphany during it.

anyways back to the story lol

tessa's cake up at the top.

.

I didn't want to get out of bed.

I felt like a mess. A sort of-rejected mess.

Fück you, Greek Salad for mixing up my emotions worse than my period. But my stomach was grumbling like a kraken, and I wanted to stuff my face with the chocolate cake in the fridge downstairs. My legs moved to the side, dragging myself out of the bed and quietly padding down the stairs.

As my nearly-blind-as-a-bat eyes adjusted to the overwhelming darkness and my skin was covered with goosebumps from the cool marble beneath my feet. A few shuffles and tumbles emanated from the kitchen, making me freeze in my actions.

Checking my phone for time and using it as a dim flashlight, 3:54 AM glared back at me. It couldn't be my parents and Ophelia would die before interrupting her beauty sleep. Especially to have a snack at this time.

Tip-toeing like the true ninja I was, I managed to grope my way to the supply closet that was next to the door of the kitchen. I pulled out a baseball bat, holding it in a steady grip. I went into the kitchen slowly, eyeing the figure that had its head in the fridge, light radiating on their body. Whoever it was, was obviously male- and they were about to get their ass kicked by Tessa Calvin.

And that bitch better have not touched my cake.

I raised the bat to swing, and immediately the figure jumped out the fridge facing me. A look of surprise flickered onto his face, and he quickly croaked out, "Wait!"

He held his hands in front of him protectively.

"Who the fuck are you and did you touch the chocolate cake?" I kept my bat suspended threateningly.

"I'm Ophelia's boyfriend, Jacob! And I didn't touch anything!" He replied, sincerity settled into his features.

I eyed his half-naked form suspiciously, not getting an exactly normal vibe. Especially with the way his dark eyes were unsettlingly peering back at me- no longer holding fear. Creepy.

"I swear to God, I will kill you if you touched my chocolate cake," I threatened, keeping my eyes on him as I checked the fridge to make sure all was okay.

I pulled out the platter and cradled it in my arms. I heard soft footsteps patter down the steps, and Ophelia entered, her hair still in luscious curls and she still looked like a model. Her fierce gaze landed on me, and soon she attached herself to him. "What's going on?"

Her eyes inspected the scene before her- me holding a platter of cake and a baseball bat and her boyfriend looking overly frightened again.

"Were you about to hit him?!" Ophelia nearly screeched.

"Chill, he was snooping in the fridge in the dark. I thought he was going to touch my food," I replied, placing the bat down on the floor.

"Crazy bitch," Ophelia muttered before I walked out of the kitchen. I tried to dismiss her words, focusing on the prospect of my rendezvous with my food.

But as I started walking up another thought occurred to me- if I could hear Ophelia's footsteps from inside the kitchen, couldn't Jacob have heard mine? Why wouldn't he have hidden if he heard the footsteps?

The eerie thought of somehow- this whole 'meeting' premeditated came to me. But most likely, it was me being paranoid as fuck.

At least I hoped so.