Chapter 9: Evil at Work

Legolas learned a valuable lesson that night: Never allow a hobbit to fall asleep while grasping your arm.

Legolas had awoken several times that night to find Pippin sleeping in several different positions that were none too pleasant.

At one point the hobbit had repeatedly slapped him in the face while he slept, he hadn't ever let go of his arm, and then he snored, right in his ear. For a quiet hobbit he snored as loud as a dwarf.

Of course the sleeping situation with the rest of the Fellowship hadn't been an improvement either.

Legolas had soon discovered that everyone in the Fellowship, besides himself and Frodo, snored.

Legolas laughed quietly to himself. He had spent the last few months being tortured by Sauron, and right now he was complaining about snoring.

Legolas didn't remember the last time he'd been this carefree. It had been long ago. Before he'd been made prisoner by Sauron.
When his light had been taken from him.

But it was slowly returning to him, making him stronger.

Legolas sighed, any moment now the orcs would come and take him away.

Something was off though, they should have been here by now. Of course, he didn't mind the delay, though it probably meant that something bad was going to happen to him.

Pippin yawned and blinked his eyes. He was surprised to see that Legolas was still in the cell.

"Is something wrong Legolas?" he asked rubbing his eyes.
"Why would something be wrong?" Legolas questioned.
"You're still here."
"You'd rather me be with the orcs?"
"Of course not! But, you're usually gone by now."

Legolas glanced at the cell door.

"Something must have happened."

But what?

A few moments passed before Legolas finally heard the orcs approach. They threw open the door and grabbed Legolas, just like they always did. Except this time they grabbed Pippin as well.

"What are you doing?" he struggled against the orcs who held him tightly.

The lead orc snarled at him.

"Don't worry about him elf. We're just going to have some fun with him."

Pippin widened his eyes in fear. Legolas struggled even more. The orcs laughed.

As they began dragging him away Legolas saw the orcs take out clubs and knives. He would not them touch him.
It took one frightened look from Pippin to spring Legolas into action. He wrestled his arm free from one of the orcs and punched the other who released his other arm.

He took the knife the orc held and stabbed him in the throat. He whirled around stabbed the other orc who came behind him.

There were only three orcs left. The two who had been holding Pippin charged at him. He dodged a sword that one of then swung at him. He threw the knife at the other and it fell dead.

The orc with the sword attempted to swing at Legolas again but the elf grabbed the arm that held the sword and wrestled it from his grasp.

He sliced off the orc's head and turned to face the last orc. Who was holding a knife to Pippin's throat.

Legolas gripped his sword, his eyes blazed with fury.

"Let him go."

The orc said nothing. Pippin shook in fear. Legolas was about to move when something struck him from behind.

He fell forward and dropped the sword. Before he could move more orcs came and seized him. They pinned his arms painfully behind his back.

He looked up and in front of him stood the last person he wanted to see.

"I'm disappointed Legolas."
The Mouth shook his head and motioned for two orcs to grab the hobbit.

Legolas struggled in vain. Pippin fought as well but he was no match for the orcs.

"Legolas!" Pippin called out desperately. Legolas fought even harder. The orcs almost lost their hold on him.

The Mouth walked up to Legolas and smiled.

"A shame you couldn't save him Legolas, he seemed like a good friend."

Legolas wanted nothing more to stab him in the neck.

The Mouth nodded his head towards the orcs and they struck Legolas on the head. The elf blacked out and they threw him back into the cell.

"Remove these bodies." The Mouth turned and left the dungeon. He had more business to attend to.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Uh oh. What's gonna happen next?