Chapter 29: The Fight

Legolas stared in disbelief at the dark elf. Amarth met his gaze and smirked.

"I did not expect to see you so soon again Legolas. It's funny how fate works isn't it?"

Legolas gripped his bow tighter. His other hand ready to grab an arrow.

"Do not worry. I am not here for you Legolas. I'm looking for someone else. Perhaps you know who it is?"

Legolas tensed. He knew perfectly well.

Amarth turned towards Aragorn.

"This is Isildur's heir if I am not mistaken?"

Aragorn gripped Anduril tighter. He glanced over at Legolas who didn't take his eyes off of Amarth.

"I have orders to bring you to Sauron. If you choose to come willingly, I will not harm your two friends here. But if you refuse, I will kill you all. Either way you are going to Mordor Aragorn."

Amarth took out a black dagger. Aragorn gazed at it warily while Legolas resisted the urge to flinch.

Amarth grinned at Legolas. The dark knife in his hand still had traces of blood.

Without another thought Legolas loaded his bow and fired an arrow straight at Amarth's heart.

Just before it struck Amarth's hand shot out and caught the arrow.

Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli's eyes widened in shock.

Amarth studied the arrow.

"A very nice shot." he glared at Legolas, "But you could have been faster."

Amarth snapped the arrow and shouted at the orcs.

"Kill them!"

The orcs ran at them with roars of fury.

Legolas fired arrows at them but quickly had to switch to his knives.

He stabbed one orc in the throat and sliced the head off another. He dodged one of the orc's swords and another one's club.

He spun around and killed them both. There was no time for him to see how the others were fairing.

He caught a quick glimpse of Gimli, the dwarf had just finished off one orc and had just took another one's arm off.

Legolas went back to concentrating on his fighting. He caught another glance of Gimli again. The dwarf was managing to hold his own but Legolas saw no sign of Aragorn.

Or Amarth.

He quickly searched for either of them. His eyes fell on a dark figure.

Amarth.

Legolas began pushing and fighting his way through the orcs. Amarth was walking slowly towards something. No, someone.

Legolas's eyes caught the movement of a sword. He heard an orc roar in pain and saw the swinging of a blade.

Aragorn!

Legolas fought desperately to get past the orcs. Every time he saw Amarth he continued to move closer and closer to Aragorn.

By the time Legolas finally broke through Aragorn had just finished off another orc, and Amarth was just a few steps behind him with two long swords in his hands.

"Aragorn!"

The man swung around and had just enough time to parry the blow from Amarth's swords.

Amarth barely stumbled. He brought his swords down again, this time knocking Aragorn off his feet.

Amarth stood over him, he held his long swords over Aragorn, ready to deal the killing blow.