Chapter 13: The Prisoner

The Mouth snarled as he watched Amarth ride up to Barad-Dur on a black horse. He dismounted, walked up to him, and smirked.

"Where have you been elfling?"
The Mouth spat.

"No where that concerns you. Although I'll have you know I have just accomplished something in six months that you couldn't manage to do in two years."

The Mouth wanted to strangle the elf. Amarth smiled and turned to the orcs behind him. He called out to them in the black speech, telling them to take the prisoner to Sauron.

"What prisoner?" The Mouth watched as the orcs dragged someone into the tower.

"A rebel. We hunted down a small party and we managed to take one alive." Amarth grinned and crossed his arms.

"Perhaps if your orcs had been equipped with a better leader they could have captured one years ago. Now they've become stronger."

"Does the great Amarth fear a small band of men?" The Mouth hissed.

Amarth's smile faded and he narrowed his eyes.

"It is never wise to underestimate your enemy. You would do well to remember that in the future."

Without another word Amarth entered the tower. The Mouth spat as he followed.

This elf was becoming a pest. The Mouth preferred it when Legolas had been in service to Sauron. At least he had never spoken a word.

Of course, there had been drawbacks to Sauron controlling Legolas instead of the elf acting on his own free will.

When under Sauron's control Legolas couldn't think for himself at all. All he could do was kill. He couldn't lead orcs into battle, he could only follow.

Amarth, however, could think for himself and lead. The only problem with that was there was always a chance that Amarth would turn against Sauron.

After all, he was an elf, anything could make him change sides. That's why Sauron had to break Legolas. Which, despite everything they had done to him, he still remained out of their reach.

The Mouth had grown worried when the elf's light had started returning to him. Thankfully it was gone now. Hopefully for good.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Legolas glanced around the cell that he now shared with Boromir and his brother, Faramir. Legolas assumed that the only reason Sauron had put them together was because he still wanted Legolas to kill them.

But he had put that out of his mind. He wouldn't kill either of them. Pippin's words continued to echoe in the elf's mind.

Forgive him.

How could he forgive Boromir? He had tried to kill him, betrayed the Fellowship, and had ignored all reason and delivered the ring to Sauron.

Now they were all paying the price. He could understand why Sauron would want to keep Boromir alive, he would want the man to live in guilt and despair for the rest of his life.

Of course he wouldn't mind if Legolas killed him, but as he decided earlier, he wouldn't.
Although he would be putting the man out of his misery.

Faramir had barely moved since being brought to the cell. Legolas could tell he had been tortured. Boromir sat near him and watched over him in silence.

They were all three broken. All doomed to die in this forsaken place.

He heard footsteps, someone was coming. Legolas had been standing against the wall with his arms crossed. He watched as two orcs came into view, they had someone with them.