Hour 5

"God, I'm so hungry," I groan. It feels like an eternity since I've eaten.

"Same," they all agree, as I look through the keychain trying to find one to the kitchen.

"There's a key here for the kitchen. I can go grab some food," I suggest.

"Let me go," Cole argues.

"Cole, I think I can handle a 30 foot walk to the kitchen," I smile, grabbing the baseball bat.

I walk over to the door unlock it, walk out, then lock it again. I check my surroundings. No one in sight. I jog to the kitchen. It was that awkward jog you do when there's a car and you're in the crosswalk.

No one was in there either except for the dead lunch ladies. The tan tile floors were splattered with food... And blood. I check all the cabinets.

Nothing.

Whoever was shooting up the school must be one step ahead. I open a closet in the back of the kitchen. There is like 40 cans of beans. There's footsteps outside the door. I hide in the cabinet below the sink.

I sat in a very awkward position. I'm pretty sure a normal body doesn't bend that way. But, you know, desperate times call for desperate measured.

"We can't just walk out of here," a familiar voice says.

"We killed at least 100 people-" another boy starts.

"We just need 2 more," another boy begs.

"How do you even know she's still in here?" the first one asks.

"Because she'd never leave without her brother," #3 states.

"This is all over your broken heart?!" #2 nearly yells.

"Let's just get some more ammo and go," #3 sighs.

They walk over. I visibly shook at the fact they were all so close. But instead they open the over, grab something, and leave.

I stayed under the sink for a good 5 minutes for safety. Then, I climb out of the cabinet. The coast was clear. I take an empty potato chip bag and shove as many cans of beans into it as I can (which was 4.)

I go to walk out, but am stopped by my curiousity. I go back and open the oven.

It's filled with gun, ammo, knives, etc.. I grab a small hand gun just for insurence along with a few more bullets. I walk out cauciously, checking my surroundings multiple times before leaving.

I make it back to the pool or "base" (as Cole calls it) unharmed. I say that's a victory for us!!

"They know we're here!" I call, rushing over to them.

"What?!"Cole asks.

"They know we're still in the school, they want to kill me." I state.

"What? How do you know that though?" Cole questions.

"I heard them talking. There's 3 of them. They made it very clear that they knew I am here and they want to kill Grant and I- Or at least me," I say, out of breath.