Chapter 2

Seokjin

"It's been awhile." Namjoon stated coldly.

I wasn't expecting things to be okay between us but I most definitely didn't expect such a cold shoulder. Things didn't work out, I don't understand why he can't grow up and get that through his head. You know things weren't always like this. We were once in love. Shocking, yes. But we were—and still are—complete and total opposites. I'd always try but one day I decided it was enough, too much energy and effort to make something so complicated work out. Not only that but he crossed a line, he went too far.

"How've yo-" I went to ask but was cut off by his dark chuckle.

"You never fail to amaze me, Seokjin." Him speaking my name sent shivers down my spine.

"What did I do this time to upset you and your minions now?" I smiled with a tilt of my head.

"They aren't my minions. They're my friends." Namjoon grumbled.

"So you've got a soft side? Wow wow, what a-" "I suggest you shut up and stop with the small talk. You know what I'm here for."

I hummed in response and poured the tea into the two cups set in front of us. A small smile tugged on my lips as I kept my gaze down on my cup, taking a sip.

"Leave him alone. He's mine." Namjoon's demand caused me to gently put my cup down and lock eyes with his. I tsked.

"Joonie... You know I can't do that." The old nick name caused the other to go rigid. As he was about to speak, I quickly stood up. His gaze followed my movements and within seconds I was standing in front of him, only a mere centimeters away. My hand softly went under his chin and I tilted his head up a bit more.

"My suggestion is that you are the one to back off. Because I have something that could completely falter your little empire." He yanked his head out of my touch and pushed me onto the table, the tea cups shattered to the ground.

What a shame. My good china is all ruined.

"So my little angel has decided to play dirty, huh?" I glared.

"Funny you called me your little angel, that was a long time ago. Let's just say I learned to play darkly fair." I stated which caused him to chuckle again.

"Your threats are empty."

"So were all those promises you made, but you don't hear me complaining about it." I deadpanned. He stood up sharply, as I sat up.

"You've got a mouth on you now." Namjoon began walking away.

"The only reason you pointed that out is because you're used to me obeying your every command, Mr. Kim Namjoon."

He froze and slowly turned around, I could see fury and sadness in his eyes. I had him where I wanted him. Weak and confused. Just the way I used to be.

"We're done here. Back off my target." I hummed and chuckled at his little threat.

"I believe we just talked about making empty threats..."

He growled and disappeared, slamming the large door behind him. I gazed down at the broken china, my poor poor dishes. Looks like I'll have to go find myself some new ones.