Chapter 17

Jungkook

I sat perched on top of the tree that stood before the dark castle. It towered over me as an unsettling feeling sat in the pit of my stomach. This is where Seokjin has been for the last few days. This is where Taehyung feels at home. This is where I found myself gazing at the dark kingdom wondering how it's dark power got a hold of my king, Seokjin.

"If you sit here moping for any longer I might not be able to contain my laugh."

My head shot up and my eyes met a giggling Taehyung. I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Laugh then. I'm far from being done."

Taehyung stopped giggling and scooted closer, a sigh escaping his lips.

"They're not here, ya know."

"Hm?"

"My parents."

"Well of course not, they're up in Heav-"

"I'm talking about my real parents. Seokjin and Namjoon. It's no secret anymore, which leaves me wondering why you haven't a clue to it."

This caught me off guard, but it did have me questioning myself.

"Seokjin hasn't been in contact with me lately. I was worried but now that I know the reason behind his absence I'll head back and fufill my duties as-"

"You're joking." Taehyung cackled. "You're not the least bit mad?"

I shook my head with a frown, "He probably had his reason to keep it hidden. I must respect his privacy-"

I couldn't continue because Taehyung was barking out laughter. I didn't understand why but I sat patiently waiting for him to finish his episode.

"You really are far up his ass, aren't ya?" Taehyung smacked my shoulder which made my frown deepen.

"If I were you I'd be fuming! Plus. Why's he back with my Father? Namjoon is nothing but bad to him, it's sad how he's being played with."

This wasn't like Taehyung but he was being consumed by his true interior. If he's the son of Namjoon then it's only right he's acting like this, right?

"But you're not me. I'm not angry. Where is he at now?"

Taehyung chuckled grimly, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Namjoon requested Seokjin stay with him and fufill his needs, if you catch my drift."

I grimaced, "Where's everyone else?"

"Taehyung and I have been hanging out, Hoseok's been out and about and Yoongi- well he's gone. He disobeyed Namjoon and you know how that goes."

"What do you mean Taehyung and you?"

Taehyung froze in front of me before coughing slightly.

"Jimin and I. I meant Jimin. My mind is elsewhere lately."

I didn't buy it, I knew something was out of place. This wasn't Taehyung. I would know. I've grown quite fond of the boy and at his touch my skin would warm. I wouldn't feel myself getting defensive and reflecting a shiver.

"I must get going." I stood up quickly and formed a portal.

"You might as well take Seokjin's position up above, something tells me he won't return."

With a stern nod I transported back to my homeland. The white tile echoeing beneath my feet shown brightly. The area around me radiating a light tone. I barged into Seokjin's office, rummaging through his desk drawer to find my weapon. My weapon that I used to kill Demon's or rid of any entity. Once my eyes spotted the golden encased tube I quickly yanked it out, clicking the button beneath it. A sterling silver sword popped out gracefully and I slammed the drawer shut.

Whoever I was talking to wasn't Taehyung. Whoever was posing as him didn't have good intentions, that much is known.

"Taehyung and I have been hanging out, Hoseok's been out and about and Yoongi- well he's gone. He disobeyed Namjoon and you know how that goes."

"What do you mean Taehyung and you?"

Taehyung froze in front of me before coughing slightly.

"Jimin and I. I meant Jimin. My mind is elsewhere lately."

"Jimin." I stated lowly before leaving Seokjin's office. Sword in hand and target in mind.