Chapter 12

Namjoon

Taehyung begged to come back, after Jimin and I showed him around. I gave in and said he can visit anytime he wants, but since he was still a full mortal he couldn't make the portal. So instead, he can only visit once he's in a deep sleep. To say I have won him over is an understatement. It's truly heartbreaking though, I know Seokjin isn't too happy but if I want that happy ending Taehyung has to cross over to my side.

"Hey, Namjoon!" Taehyung giggled with a rectangular smile on his face as a butterfly landed on the tip of his nose. I smiled at the scene, Taehyung hasn't been happy in a long time and the fact that him visiting here makes him happier then he was is an honor.

"What is it, Tae?"

He quickly darted towards me, a dandelion in hand. Taehyung smiled softly before slowly handing me it.

"What's this for?" I queried and reached for the usless plant. His eyebrows rose.

"You know what to do, right?"

I frowned, confusion amongst my now curious features. What did he mean?

"I can't believe you don't know! Here-" he yanked another from the ground and closed his eyes. "First you think of something you want, then you close your eyes and..." He blew the seeds off the stem and I watched in awe as the seeds flew along the skyline. "Blow your wish towards the Sun and wait for the Sun's rays to reach towards you and make your wish come true."

I glanced at where he was gazing, squinting slightly at the bright Sun setting in the distance. Mortals are foolish. Thinking the Sun will answer to them, especially this method. Yet, I found myself looking back down at the dandelion in my hand. It wouldn't hurt to try it, besides, the beauty of it was far more captivating.

"So I just make a wish and wait for the Sun to grant me it?" Taehyung nodded and pursed his lips, waiting for me to follow in his actions.

With a sigh I closed my eyes and thought of a wish. Something I've always wanted? That's simple.
I blew on the dandelion and opened my eyes, watching the seeds float away into the Sun.

"What'd you wish for?" Taehyung asked, watching the same sight.

"If I tell you, it won't come true." He shoved me with a grunt, causing me to chuckle. He then sat down, leaving me to tower over him.

"Namjoon?"

I hummed in response and looked down at him, his gaze downcast.

"I don't want to be on Earth anymore. I know you said to wait and be patient, for my time will come but-" He stopped, his actions making my head tilt to the side as I waited for him to continue. "I have nothing to live for. Being on Earth is making me suffer. I beg of you, please let me cross over to here."

Taehyungs glazed eyes bored into my calm orbs.

"Please..." He whispered, a tear falling down his face. I knelt down and wiped away the droplets looking to fall down onto the field.

"If that's what you want."

Taehyung jumped up and hugged me tight.

"Thank you so much, Dad."

His words caught me off guard, there's no way he could've known that.

Does he know that he was the gift I was going to give to Seokjin until we had our fallout?