Chapter 13

Namjoon

Namjoon

"Follow me, I have something to show you."

After the incident in the field, I decided to bring Taehyung back to my domain. If he wants to cross over, I want him to know his background. The truth.

"Why'd you call me Dad?" I asked gently, grabbing books off the shelf and tossing them to the floor after realizing it wasn't what I had my mind set on.

"I-I don't- It just came out. I'm sorry..." Taehyung's voice quivered, making me chuckle.

"Why are you sorry? It's about time you figured it out, my dear son." I triumphed after finding the book I was looking for. My eyes met Taehyung's widened ones.

"Son?" I nodded and patted the spot next to me on the couch. Taehyung hesitated before slowly walking over and gently sitting down.

"Kim Taehyung, you were my creation."

As I spoke his eyes looked down at the now opened book. Details of his features were scribbled acrossed the page. Black ink filled the now brown turned pages and Taehyung grinned at the sight and flipped through the book as I continued speaking.

"You see, long ago, Seokjin and I were together."

"The ruler of Heaven? And you?" Taehyung raised his eyebrows, mouth agape.

"Indeed. Seokjin always wanted a kin, something to take care of. So I created you. You were going to be a gift but, things didn't go as planned. I don't want to go too in depth but, let's just say I was stupid. We were struggling and I didn't even realize it. I couldn't bare to face you knowing that you would have to grow up under my care, and not Seokjin's."

"So my parents aren't actually my parents?" Taehyung scooted closer, more interested in the story.

"Well, they were your mortal caretakers. I had them take care of you until you were old enough to bring back."

"So this Seokjin doesn't know?" Tae frowned.

I sighed heavily. This is a lot to explain and I didn't want to frighten him off, it's been years since I've seen him and now that he's here I can't let go. But I can't keep him from the truth any longer.

"You said you wanted to stay here forever, correct?" The other responded with a feverish nod.

"Tomorrow I'll bring Seokjin here. I'll tell him everything I told you. Maybe then we won't be rivals anymore..." I trailed off, shutting the book and handing it over.

"You may stay in my room tonight, if you need anything just shout for Yoongi."

"Yoongi?"

"A helper of mine."

As I stood up, Taehyung grabbed my arm. I looked back at him with curiosity.

"Seokjin's nice, right? He won't hate me?"

"If he were the opposite of nice, why would I let something I value so much be thrust into his hands?"

Taehyung mumbled an apology at my question which made me chuckle.

"Alright, upsy daisy. You've got a big day tomorrow." I pulled him up, he was about to protest but I teleported him to my room, myself in front of Seokjin's office doors.

To say I'm nervous is an understatement. Ever since our last meeting, things have been rather tense. I gathered enough courage to send a light knock upon his grand doors.

"Come in!" I heard a soft voice utter.

With a deep breath I opened the doors, leading myself in front of him after shutting them.

"What a pleasant surprise. Here to boast about your victory over Taehyung's soul?" Seokjin spoke in a bittersweet tone.

"Not exactly." I looked away, rubbing the back of my neck. Seokjin only furrowed his eyebrows at that and it pushed me to go forward.

"Listen. I don't know if getting back together is possible in the future but all I've wanted was to make you happy. Seokjin. For years you've wanted a child. You've wanted someone to love and hold as your own. You've created children for everyone else but yourself!"

"Because all my creations are my children. I just don't raise them, despite that, they are all still my children!" Seokjin was now standing up in his seat, eyes glossed over, sadness amongst his features.

"I wanted you to raise one. One of your own. One that, that came from me."

Seokjin rounded his desk slowly, keeping his eyes on me. He was now merely a foot in front of me, eyes begging me to continue.

"So I created Taehyung."

He froze.

"I was going to give him to you as a surprise but we fought and ended things and I sent him down to Earth."

"Y-You made him? You're supposed to destroy things, not create them!"

I didn't know whether Seokjin was upset or ... slightly upset.

"I did. I created him to be a monster after we fell apart. I sent him down to Earth. Purity was never in his soul. Hate filled his heart. He never helped another. He never fufilled the duties that you asked of all the children sent. You couldn't control Taehyung because he was never your creation. It confused you but-"

"Namjoon, what are you getting at? Are you trying to hurt me more by saying I don't have a chance with Taehyung? Huh? That I will never get to bare a child AND raise it? Are yo-"

I slammed my lips against his, quite honestly his blabbering was frustrating to listen to. As I pulled away and wrapped my arms around his waist, he melted into them.

"I'm asking you to take care of him, with me. I want us to be a family, what we were supposed to be. Please..." My voice faltered and began cracking, tears were now running down Seokjin's face.

"Namjoon, that's all I've ever wanted." Seokjin threw his arms around me and sobbed into my neck, I ran my fingers through his hair and swayed back and forth to calm him.

"W-When? When can I see him?"

I smiled and pecked his forehead.

"Tomorrow."