Chapter 10

Jimin

There he stood, in all his glory. I haven't been able to keep myself from the wandering thoughts in my head. The thoughts and wishes of us being together. I admit, I fell hard. How couldn't I? I've never felt so loved and cared for, who would have thought this affection and treatment would come from someone elite on the dark side.

"You're spacing out again, sugarplum."

A vibrant blush crept onto my cheeks as I looked down at my feet quickly, fumbling with my fingers and softly biting my lip. I could sense his intense stare which caused me to shrink further back. A light sigh was heard before I glanced up, only to meet his eyes.

"What's on your mind?" Hoseok raised his eyebrows and looked at me intently.

There was no way I was about to tell him my feelings. To confess. Hoseok could do better. He doesn't need someone like me in his life. I'm just another burden. I always was. I knew that if I kept to myself like this he'd surely get frustrated, so I mustered up any possible and believable excuse I could.

"Nothing, just trying to figure out this whole Taehyung situation." I came up beside him, shaking off his stare.

I kept my focus on the paperwork set on his desk. Hoseok probably figured I was about to change the topic. He shifted in his large chair and patted his thighs, causing me to furrow my eyebrows in response. Confusion was written all over my face. Hoseok rolled his eyes before grabbing my waist and pulling me down onto his lap, causing me to blush again.

"Hoseo-" "Have you gotten any closer to Taehyung?"

Hoseok's chin rested on my right shoulder, his focus on the papers layed out. I nodded slightly and flinched once his grip around my waist tightened.

"How is this possible?" He whispered, in what seemed to be at no one in particular. I turned my head in curiosity, his gaze still on the papers.

"How is what possible?" I asked softly.

"You tamed me so quick, it's almost scary."

"What do you mean?" My brows furrowed again and I turned more towards him, this time his gaze met mine.

With no warning, Hoseok leaned forward and kissed me. Not roughly, but a kiss affectionate enough to make me believe we were soul mates. A kiss that caused my heart to race and flutter. I frowned after he pulled away, forehead leaning on mine. And not because he kissed me. But because he pulled away.

"I'm frightened by how much I'd sacrafice just for you. How did you manage to aimlessly make me fall for you?"

This is a dream. This isn't happening.

"I can hear your thoughts, sweetheart. Instead of playing cat and mouse, I'm telling you I feel the same way."

"Hoseok, I'm scared." I admitted, something I bottled up from the start.

"I know that, that's why I'm here. I'm here to protect you. Don't be frightened anymore, babyboy. As long as I'm here, no one can hurt you. You're mine."