Touch {Akaashi Keiji}

You laid in bed, staring up at the ceiling aimlessly as you waited for your eyelids to close so that you could drift back off to sleep. Even though you had the covers wrapped tightly around you, you couldn't deny that you were cold. The reason why you felt a bit colder than usual was the empty space immediately next to you.

Your boyfriend laid at the other side of the bed, not out of arm's reach, but far enough away for you to feel cold from the space between you two. The way his back was turned to face you made you feel lonely and closed out. He hadn't had a good day, so he'd kept to himself and coped in his own quiet, reserved way.

As you stared at his bare torso, watching it rise and fall slowly with his deep breaths, you felt the need to touch him. You felt so disconnected from him and you didn't like it. You moved closer to him slightly and gently ran your hand down his back. Your fingers fluttered over his soft skin, unconsciously tracing each ridge of muscle or bone beneath his skin. You knew that your touch soothed him greatly, just as his did to you. Your hand trailed up and down his back as you moved closer to him and peppered the back of his neck and shoulders with light kisses.

You heard Akaashi murmur as he stirred quietly, shifting his body under the covers. "Mmh, (f/n), what is it?" he mumbled, his sleepy voice making your heart skip a beat.

You wrapped your arms around him and kissed the back of his neck again. "I love you, Keiji," you told him quietly. You buried your face in his shoulder and closed your eyes.

You stayed like that for a few moments until he started to move. He slowly turned around to face you, and you were blessed with seeing his handsome face and his head of beautifully messy black hair. "I love you too, (f/n)," he replied, a small smile across his lips as he pressed them against your forehead in a soft kiss.

You smiled and blushed as he wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to him, sharing his warmth with you. Sighing with content, you rested your head next to his as the two of you settled back down to sleep again. His soothing touch was all you really needed.