Good Intentions {Aone Takanobu}

As you stuck some money into a vending machine in the hallway, you selected your desired drink and listened to it clank as it hit the bottom of the machine. You sighed quietly as you reached down to pick it up. When you felt a bit of uneasiness tug at you, you turned to look down the hallway only to find him standing there, watching you with an intense gaze. When you made eye contact, you shuddered slightly and he quickly glanced away.

Feeling your heart race in your chest, you quickly hurried back to your classroom and sat back down with your friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're such a creep..." Futakuchi looked up at Aone and shook his head. "That's no way to look at a girl. You're probably scaring her with that intense gaze of yours."

Aone watched Futakuchi with the same intense gaze, eliciting a sigh from the boy.

"Yeah, that one."

Aone looked slightly taken aback, but his head soon drooped in disappointment. At this rate, he was going to scare you off, which was the exact opposite of what he wanted to do. He had been wanting to ask you out for a while, but he had only been able to stare at you from a distance with those frightening eyes of his.

"Don't worry," Futakuchi reassured the tall, middle blocker as he patted him tentatively on the shoulder, "You've got the perfect companion here to give you some lessons in attracting the ladies!"

Aone watched Futakuchi desperately. He was pretty good-looking guy and girls seemed to like him. Maybe he would be able to help.

"Okay, you've really got to stop with that look."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the course of the next few days, you felt increasingly uncomfortable due to the way that you could feel Aone staring at you. His gaze seemed less menacing, however, but the fact that he was staring so shamelessly at you made you feel uneasy. Did he want something? Had you done something wrong? What was his deal?!

You would see him watching you at the most random times, too. As you made your way out of school, you would sometimes see him watching you until Futakuchi saw what he was doing and dragged him away. Since he was so tall and his hair was snowy white, he stood out pretty easily in the crowds of students.

One day while walking through the hallways of one of the buildings, someone ran into you and knocked your books out of your hands. Instead of stopping to help, the person continued walking, disappearing among the other students and leaving you to clean up the mess.

Suddenly, you noticed another hand besides your own, and you looked over to see Aone helping you silently. "T-Thank you," you said as your heart fluttered in your chest. He nodded quietly and held your books in his arms, refusing to let go of them until you reached your classroom. He followed you and set the books down on your desk before walking away. What a mysterious guy... Aone is so strange, but that was nice of him to help me out, you thought as you watched him leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That was good! I don't think you scared her this time!" Futakuchi praised as he clapped Aone on the shoulder.

Futakuchi kept talking, but Aone ended up zoning out. Being so close to you had taken all his strength to keep his composure. You were so cute and pretty... That was why he stared at you all the time. He couldn't help himself. He was glad that he'd happened to be passing by when you'd dropped your books so that he could help you.

"Hey, Aone! I'm trying to give you advice!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As you say in class, you found yourself thinking about Aone. Sure, he was scary and intimidating, but part of the reason why your heart always beat so fast when you were around him was because you liked him so much. He was really good at volleyball too, and he never ceased to amaze you with that overpowering block of his and his ability to shut out his opponents. He was amazing...

You only focused on your work when your teacher hushed the class loudly and continued lecturing. You didn't stop thinking about Aone, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the days went by, your run-ins with Aone became more and more frequent, but the two of you were still too shy to hold a proper conversation. He had mustered up the strength to simply wave at you whenever he saw you instead of giving you that intense stare.

This seemed to have a more positive effect, since you waved back and shot him a smile instead of running away from him. "Hey, Aone-kun!" you would call to him gently when you were feeling brave.

You didn't know it, but the sound of your sweet voice made his heart thud in his chest, and he tried very hard to hide his blushing from you.

Futakuchi was proud of his progress and goaded him to try to ask you out on a date. Just the thought of doing something like that made him nervous. But he was still going to try.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You let out a sigh as you made your way out of the building where your classroom was located, feeling tired after a long day of school. You decided to pick up a can of (favorite drink) before you left school, so you headed over to a nearby vending machine.

Meanwhile, Futakuchi got Aone's attention and pointed you out from where the two of them stood a few feet away. Before Aone could have any reservations, Futakuchi sent him after you.

When you retrieved the can from the vending machine, you popped it open and took a sip, closing your eyes in content. You almost choked on your drink, however, when you opened your eyes again and saw Aone watching you curiously. "A-Aone-kun!" you stuttered loudly, "You scared me! I'm sorry, I didn't expect to see you there..."

An apologetic look came over his usually hard and emotionless features, and you felt guilt tug at you.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that..." you said softly and looked up at him with your (e/c) eyes.

Aone took a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak. "I'm sorry, (l/n). I'm sorry if I've been scaring you. It's just that it's hard for me to keep my eyes off a girl as pretty as you are," he explained, looking ashamed for making you feel so nervous.

You could've sworn your heart stopped for a second when he said that. Pretty?! He thinks I'm pretty?! you thought to yourself, internally screaming at the thought.

"I've just been wanting to get to know you better, but I don't really have a way with words..." Aone continued quietly and looked down at the ground for a moment.

Before you could react, you blurted, "I feel the same way! I want to get to know you better as well!" A look of surprise crossed his features, and you felt your face heat up with embarrassment. "Uh, erm... I was going to go to get frozen yogurt if you wanted to come...?" You watched him hopefully as you clasped your hands together tightly with nervousness. "Futakuchi-kun can come as well..."

"He has a birthday party to go to, actually," Aone stated quickly, "but I-I would like to go with you..." He had totally lied about Futakuchi. He couldn't help himself... He just wanted to spend some time with you without Futakuchi, who was guaranteed to complain about being a third wheel. "Thank you, (l/n)."

"O-Okay! Oh and please call me (f/n)!" you chirped as the two of you started to walk towards the school gates together.

"You can call me Takanobu," he added, giving you a small smile. You returned his smile, brimming with happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Huh..." Futakuchi murmured as he watched the two of you walk off together, "I'm going to have to get a girl who rivals (f/n)-chan's cuteness..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: I imagine Aone being a shy lil cutie underneath that exterior of his. Sorry if I made him sound a bit ooc at any point haha Aone is a mysterious character!