No Matter What {Iwaizumi Hajime}

It was a surprisingly peaceful day that both you and Hajime had needed after a hectic past weeks. In one hand, you held your favorite book, flipped open to the page you were on, and with your other hand you gently stroked your sleeping boyfriend's black hair.

Your poor boyfriend had torn his rotator cuff while playing volleyball this season. You weren't entirely surprised that he'd sustained this injury, seeing as he'd been playing and hitting even more vigor since he'd started playing volleyball in college three years ago. He'd ended up having to have surgery very recently, leaving his once mobile shoulder and arm immobilized in an intense-looking sling.

You'd been with him during the entire process and had practically moved into his apartment to help take care of him full-time, even though he thought he'd be fine on his own.

You turned your attention away from your reading when you heard Hajime groan quietly and shift slightly. He was finally waking up from his pain medication induced sleep, and he didn't look very happy about it. His dark eyes struggled to open and you saw the look of pain on his face that made your heart ache for him.

"Are you okay, baby?" you asked softly as you moved your hand from his hair to the side of his face.

"Mm..." was his quiet response, "I'm going to the bathroom...."

"Okay, do you need anything?" you asked again as you helped him sit up so he could get out of bed.

He shook his head in response and slowly managed to get up to his feet. Even though he hadn't worked out since injuring his shoulder, his body still looked as toned as ever. You watched him as he made his way to the bathroom before getting up and going into the kitchen.

You filled up a glass of water for him and scooped some previously cooked rice out of the rice cooker into a bowl, in case he wanted anything to eat or wanted to take more medication. Since his surgery, you'd been keeping careful track of when he had taken his pills and how much he'd eaten so you could make sure he was getting what he needed. You took your job as his nurse very seriously, since he always took care of you whenever the smallest thing happened to you. Even when you had a slight cold, he insisted on coming over with homemade soup.

When you returned to the room, you saw Hajime emerge from the bathroom with a tired scowl on his face. You knew how hard this was for him, so you wanted to support him as best as you could.

"Here's some water, and I brought some rice, just in case you want any." You set the glass of water down on his bedside table, next to his pills, and placed the bowl of rice on your lap when you sat back down on the bed.

"Thanks, (f/n)," he responded as he got back into bed and let out a long sigh. "Can I take more pain meds yet?"

You checked your phone and replied, much to his dismay, "Not for another two hours." Upon seeing his face fall, you placed a kiss on the side of his head. "You might as well go to sleep."

He shook his head and groaned, "I can't go to sleep when I'm in this much pain."

"Come here, baby," you cooed and scooted closer to him. He normally wasn't big on cuddling when he didn't get to be the big spoon or the one to engulf you in his embrace, but he obliged this time and rested his head on your chest. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure." He reached for the bowl of rice on your lap while you grabbed your laptop from beside you and set in down in front of the both of you. As you focused on finding a movie, you heard him ask, "Can you rub the back of my neck? It feels really nice when you do that."

You smiled, since he said the last sentence rather quietly and shyly, and since he didn't usually make requests like this. You saw a look of ease form on his face as you placed your hand on the back of his neck and rubbed his skin softly.

"Thank you."

You felt his jaw move against your chest as he ate the rice you'd gotten for him and watched you look for a movie. Once you'd selected one, there was a long silence as the two of you watched it intently.

"(F/n)?"

"Yes, Hajime?"

"Thank you for staying here with me. I know this must be boring."

Hearing this made you lean down towards him to kiss his cheek and respond, "I'll always take care of you, no matter what."

Your boyfriend pressed a kiss against your collarbone and murmured, "I love you," to show his gratitude before continuing to watch the movie.

"I love you too."

Eventually, you noticed that his jaw had stopped moving and he was no longer eating. When you looked down at him, your heart warmed when you saw that he'd managed to fall asleep. With your body being a source of warmth and immense comfort to him, he'd managed to doze off without anymore pain medication.