Show Off {Nishinoya Yuu} (Request)

When you arrived at the gym on your school campus, you carefully peered inside, looking around for your boyfriend. Since you couldn't see him, you tried as best as you could to sneak inside, but the boys were having a water break, and you were spotted almost immediately.

"(F/n)!" you heard Nishinoya call your name with a chuckle, "Look everyone! It's my girlfriend!"

You'd never really met the other boys on the volleyball team. Whenever you'd gone to Nishinoya's games, you mainly been there to support him and spend time with him while he was away from his team for a bit during breaks.

Now, everyone in the gym was staring at you with wide eyes, and you felt your face heat up immensely. You were terribly shy, so being the center of attention right now was making you extremely uncomfortable. Nishinoya soon bounded over to you and slung his arm around your shoulders, making you blush even more and duck your head.

"Everyone, this is (f/n)!" he announced proudly. He then went on and listed each person on the team and pointed to them. They waved kindly in return—well, all except for Tsukishima since we know how he is when it comes to social interaction.

You managed to be brave enough to make eye contact with each boy for about a second and muster a small wave before you averted your eyes and held your hands tightly with nervousness. Nishinoya seemed to notice how uncomfortable you were, so he took you over to one side of the gym and spoke in a softer tone.

"What's up? Did you need me for something?" he asked as he watched you with a slightly concerned gaze.

"I... uh... I just wanted to wait here with you so that we could walk home together," you answered softly, allowing him to separate your hands and hold them gently in his own. Usually, you went to the library and did your homework until Nishinoya was done with practice so that he could walk you home. Today, however, you'd decided to come and watch his practice, since he'd always wanted you to do that.

"Okay! I'll go and get you a chair to sit in!" he bubbled excitedly as he started to head to the supply closet.

"N-No! It's okay, you don't have to make a fuss over me. Please don't make a fuss over me," you begged as you tugged on his hands to keep him from leaving. He gave you a concerned look, but you refused his offer. "I'll just sit on the floor. I don't have a problem with that."

"Here." Nishinoya dug his sweater out of his sports bag and handed it to you. "You can sit on this."

You sighed gently and took the sweater that he forced into your arms. "Thanks, Yuu," you mumbled quietly as he kissed your cheek, making you blush once again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice, you waited for Nishinoya to get changed before the two of you headed back to your house. As you two left the gym, Nishinoya called out goodbyes to everyone on the team, and the other boys responded to him, adding in goodbyes to you as well. Even though Nishinoya was relatively short, you still hid behind him whenever you felt uncomfortable or out of place, and you found yourself doing that quite often during conversations with new people. When the boys on the team had been talking to you, you'd tried your best not to hide behind your boyfriend, but you still felt nervous and shy, especially when they all crowded around you during water breaks to talk to you about Nishinoya.

Now, as you held Nishinoya's hand tightly, you felt at ease. He was one of the few people whose presence didn't make you feel anxious, and that made him all the more comforting to you.

Nishinoya talked loudly about practice, asking you if you'd seen certain plays that he'd done and talking to you about the way the team worked. You had to hush him a few times and remind him to use his inside voice, though, since people had started staring. Usually, he would've argued and said that you were still outside so he didn't have to use an inside voice, but he decided to save both his breath and yours by avoiding that argument.

When you arrived at the outside of your house, you stopped walking and gave Nishinoya a hug. "(F/n)," he began quietly as he rested his chin on your shoulder, "did I make you feel uncomfortable during practice?"

You nestled your head in his neck and closed your eyes, murmuring, "A bit..."

"I'm sorry. I'm just so happy to have you that I wanted to show you off a bit," he explained, his voice tinged with shame.

His words made your heart flutter in your chest, and you tightened your grip around him as a way of reassuring him. "No, Yuu, it's okay. Really. It was nice to meet your teammates. I like them," you responded quickly and truthfully.

He pulled away from you slightly and pressed his forehead against yours, making you blush. "But you still like me the most, right?"

"Of course."

He smiled brightly and planted a few gentle kiss against your lips before letting go of you so that you could go inside your house. The two of you waved to one another and he turned around after you'd walked inside of your house.

She's so cute, Nishinoya thought happily as he walked home. Even though he'd had a painful practice, his pain eased whenever he thought of you and the fact that you'd faced your fears to come and watch him. I love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Requested by @SkywardSerenade
Hope you liked it!
Up next: Ukai then Suga then Bokuto (I promise)