Whoops {Koganegawa Kanji}

Koganegawa sighed deeply as he taped his fingers while he sat in the locker room of the gym. "I'm such an idiot... I hate myself... Gah! Why am I so stupid?!" he groaned as he put his face in his hands.

Futakuchi, who was standing a few feet away and had been listening to the young setter's complaining for quite awhile now, balled his hands up into fists and turned to face him. "What's wrong with you?" he asked testily.

Koganegawa slapped his thighs and looked over at Futakuchi with distraught. "My girlfriend and I... It's our one year anniversary today and I completely forgot!" he cried. Futakuchi was silent as he shook his head in disapproval. "Now (f/n)'s really upset..."

Futakuchi brushed his brown hair away from his face before placing his hands on his hips. "It sounds like you messed up pretty bad. But it's a good thing you have your benevolent senpai here to help you out," he stated proudly as a smug smile made its way onto his face.

Koganegawa leapt up from where he was sitting on the bench and ran over to Futakuchi. "What should I do?!" he questioned urgently.

"After practice, you should go home and shower so that you don't stink, and then go out to buy her a gift and take her on a date," he explained simply and strutted out of the locker room.

Koganegawa's face lit up with hope. That's exactly what he needed to do! He thanked his senpai as he ran out of the locker room after him to get started on practicing his setting. He offered to repay Futakuchi by setting to him before practice, but he declined, saying that he needed Koganegawa to get better first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After practice, Koganegawa rushed home to get showered and dressed before running over to the nearby grocery store, picking up a large teddy bear and some roses. The teddy bear was so incredibly large that people stared at him as he ran to your house, tripping and falling numerous times since he couldn't see the ground beneath him until his face hit it.

By the time he reached your house, he was panting and had accumulated a few abrasions from his accidents along the way. His heart raced with nervous excitement as he knocked on the door and waited for you to open it. He heard the door open s few moments later, and he peered around the teddy bear's shoulder to see your surprised face.

As you inspected the bear, he noticed that your eyes were slightly red and puffy, and your cheeks were red and streaked with tears. He felt upset that he'd made you cry, and he quickly set the bear down before hugging you tightly.

"Happy anniversary, (f/n)! I'm sorry I forgot! Please forgive me!" he told you as he rested his chin on your shoulder. He held his breath as he waited for your answer.

"It's okay, Kanji; I forgive you," you assured him as you hugged him back, burying your face in his shoulder. He released a sigh of relief from his lungs and took in the sweet scent of your perfume and shampoo that he liked so much as he allowed himself to breathe again.

"I love you so much, and I'm going to make it up to you!" he announced as he pulled away from you for a moment and put his hands on your shoulders. He smiled hopefully, and you couldn't help but giggle. "I'm taking you out on a date right now!"

You let out a small squeal of excitement as you hugged him again and accepted his gifts to you. After rushing upstairs to get dressed up and to put your flowers in a vase, you returned to him and grabbed the hand he extended towards you.

"I'm so lucky to have a girlfriend as great as you are, (f/n). I love you so much!" Koganegawa said happily and smiled at you as he kissed your cheek.

You put your free hand on the side of his face and pulled his face back down towards you so that you could plant a kiss on his lips. "I love you too," you replied, grinning when you saw the blush on his cheeks.

He squeezed your hand tightly as the two of you walked down the street towards your favorite cafe.