Blind Date {Oikawa Tooru} (Request)

Your sister's getting married but you need a date to her wedding! Luckily, your best friend comes to the rescue...

Requested by Nenkiee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your friend singing tipsily to the music from the show on her TV as she poured herself another glass of wine made you chuckle despite your sad state of affairs. One hand held an empty glass that she gladly refilled for you while the other gripped your phone as your thumb swiped left again and again. With a sigh of dismay, you handed your phone to your friend and took a gratuitous drink of wine.

"Are my standards low or is he kinda cute?" you wondered.

Your friend spent less than a second looking at the face of the man in question before dramatically swiping her finger left across the screen, sending his little face fluttering away. "Girl, your standards just dropped to a new level. What the heck are you doing on this stupid dating app?"

"I told you, my sister's getting married this weekend and I have to find a date or else she'll think I'm a social recluse and shun me from my maid of honor duties at the wedding," you groaned, pulling the blanket you and your friend shared up so it was covering your face.

Your friend rolled her (e/c) eyes and said, "Well you're not gonna find a date on there, silly!"

"(Friend's name), it's literally called a dating app. That's the only thing it's used for," you said, furrowing your eyebrows at her.

She poked you with a chocolate bar she had picked up on her way back from the kitchen. "You got me there." Wrapping her knees beneath herself on the plush couch, she added, "But what I meant is that you should just go out instead. I know it's not really your thing, but you never know who you might bump into at the bar or whatever."

You narrowed your (e/c) eyes at her and confirmed, "You're right: it's not really my thing. So, I'm not doing it."

With a loud huff she grumbled, "You are so stubborn, (f/n)! But, fine. If you're not gonna go out and meet anyone then I guess I'm just gonna have to play matchmaker here."

Your head felt like it was moving in slow motion when you turned to look at her, thanks to the alcohol. "Play matchmaker?"

She nodded, a devious smile on her lips. You were now worried.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(F/n)! Where are you going? I still need emotional support!"

A look of annoyance crossed your face for a moment as you took a deep breath before turning to face your sister with a strained smile. "Just to get some fresh air. I'll be back in a second." You gave her a little wave and marched out of the bridal suite, the skirt of your emerald green dress flowing around your legs. God, she drives me insane sometimes... but I love her, you thought.

Contrary to what you'd told your nosy sister, you weren't going to get fresh air. You were going to find your date, who had texted you saying he was waiting by the entrance to the gardens where your sister's wedding was set to take place. After receiving confirmation from your friend earlier in the week that her cousin would be willing to attend as your date, you'd barely heard a peep from the guy aside from a few questions about the wedding. Because of this, you were really curious to see who your matchmaker friend had paired you up with.

Your palms were sweating profusely as you made your way to the entrance. Meeting new people was always so awkward for someone as shy as yourself, and you were worried about possibly scaring him off or about things going horribly wrong. When you arrived at the entrance, you said brief hellos to guests arriving, but your eyes soon became fixed on a tall figure in a sand-colored suit standing by himself, his brown eyes scanning his surroundings. Damn.