Toasty {Iwaizumi Hajime} (Request)

Based off the headcanon that Iwa freaks out if it's cold and you're not completely bundled up in warm clothing
Requested by tetsubro
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gloves?"

"Check."

"Scarf?"

"Check."

"Fuzzy socks?"

"Check."

After dating Iwaizumi for a few years, you were completely used to this routine. Whenever it was cold outside, he'd always go through this checklist he must've had in his head to make sure that you were wearing everything necessary to keep you warm. Your urge to resist this procedure had faded over time since you understood that he was only being cautious and was obviously concerned about your health.

"Beanie?"

"Uhh..."

"(F/n), how could you forget that?!"

Iwaizumi pulled his own beanie off of his head and placed it on yours, making you squeeze your eyes shut and grimace. You only opened your eyes again to watch him pick small pieces of snow out of your (h/l) (h/c) hair.

"Hajime, you don't need to give me your beanie. We're only walking to your house..." you refused gently.

He shook his head. "It's snowing. You're not walking anywhere without a beanie."

You sighed softly and pecked his cheek. "Thank you." You then held onto his gloved hand with your own and gave it a gentle squeeze.

As the two of you walked down the icy street to Iwaizumi's house, you could've sworn you felt your boyfriend's hand shaking. Out of curiosity and concern, you looked over at him to find that his teeth were chattering ever so slightly as he brushed snow out of his hair.

"Hajime, you didn't wear a jacket with a hood?" you asked softly.

"No, I figured this would be enough. I didn't think I was going to have to give up my beanie since we go through this routine so many times that I assumed my girlfriend would remember her own," he responded sassily.

"Oh, so that's how you're going to be about it? Geez, you're cranky when you're cold," you complained and started to unravel your scarf. Before he could say anything, you pulled him closer to you and wrapped part of your scarf around his head. "There you go."

He grumbled his thanks in return as he wrapped his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer to his warm body. You couldn't help but snicker at how funny he looked with your scarf around his head, but he must've appreciated the extra warmth since he didn't take it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the two of you had arrived at Iwaizumi's house, you quickly took off your heavy coats, scarves, and shoes before curling up on the couch underneath a heated blanket.

"Buying this is definitely one of the better decisions you've made," you commented as you pulled the blanket over your shivering body and switched through the channels to find a movie to watch.

"Be quiet," he growled as he pulled both you and the blanket closer to him.

You chuckled softly as you snuggled up to him and pressed a kiss against his lips. "If you hate the cold weather so much, why did you take the time and the energy to walk over to your annoying girlfriend's house, pick her up, and take her back here?"

"Because I love her," was his simple response as he rested his chin on top of your head, "And because the cold weather isn't so bad when she's here."

You blushed and smiled as you enjoyed his warmth and the unusual sentimentality of his comment. He was right, though. Being snuggled up with him underneath his heated blanket sure beat shivering alone at home.