Fires {Iwaizumi Hajime} (Request)

A fire starts in your apartment complex in the middle of the night and you have to evacuate.
Requested by @Insanity_Shadows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hugged your blanket closely to you as you stood with your confused neighbors and watched the firefighters swarm to put out a fire in one of the apartments in your complex. It was midnight, you were tired, and the breeze cutting through the chilled air wasn't exactly helping you stay warm.

Your (h/l) (h/c) was done up in a messy bun, you were wearing a baggy shirt, a pair of shorts with (favorite animals) on them, and a pair of fuzzy socks. Your (favorite color) blanket was wrapped tightly around your shoulders. You'd been in the middle of a very peaceful sleep before you'd been disturbed by the evacuation. And now you were here, tired and freezing your ass off.

As you glanced at the people around you, you noticed a man standing by himself a bit further away, watching the glowing flames with his arms crossed in front of his bare chest. Once you noticed that his chest was bare, you looked more closely at him and found that he was only wearing a pair of boxers with volleyballs on them and slippers.

Those muscles, oh my god! you thought to yourself as you gazed at him, taking in his features. You moved away from the crowd of people and over to where he was standing. "Hey, aren't you cold?" you asked softly.

You felt so conflicted when asking him that question. His muscles were so nice to look at, but you didn't want him to freeze by being half naked.

The man turned and looked at you with a pair of weary brown eyes. "A little, but I think I'll be fine," he responded, trying to hide the goosebumps that were starting to come up on his arms.

You held out a part of your blanket towards him, and he hesitated before taking it and wrapping half of your blanket around his shoulders. Now, the two of you were standing very closely together, and you could feel the skin of his arm against yours.

"Do you know whose apartment that is?" the man standing beside you asked as he returned his attention to the firefighters.

"I think it's his..." you commented and pointed to a man standing a few feet away. He was running his hands through his black and spiky bedhead with dismay as he was trying to explain to a police officer what had happened. "All I wanted was some mac and cheese!" he cried.

The man shook his head in annoyance, his nostrils flaring slightly. "His apartment is damn close to mine." He started muttering profanities as he watched the fire rage against the water that the firemen sprayed.

"Are you going to be able to stay in your apartment?" you asked, your eyes reflecting genuine concern.

He sighed angrily. "I don't know."

A cold breeze whipped through the air, spreading a chill up your body. You unconsciously huddled closer to the man for warmth. He wrapped his arm around you and closed the blanket around the two of you, shutting out the cold breeze. He was so incredibly warm that you moved even closer to him, pressing your shoulder against his chest.

He looked down at you, feeling himself blush slightly. "Cute pajamas," he commented absentmindedly, taking note of the pattern on your shorts.

You chuckled quietly. "Thanks." When you realized how close you were to him, you blushed intensely. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to get all in your personal space."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not cold anymore," he assured you with a gentle smile.

You were surprised your legs hadn't turned to jelly yet. "Neither am I," you said and gave him a sheepish smile.

As time went on, you became more sleepy, and you didn't realize that you'd put your head on his shoulder to rest it until you felt his arm move. You were about to move your head, but he gently placed a hand on it and lightly brushed your hair out of your face. He then rested his head on top of yours, and you could imagine him closing his eyes in an attempt to get some rest as well.

"I'm sorry; I'm still half-asleep. I have no idea what I'm doing right now," you told him with a small chuckle.

You heard him laugh gently in return, but he didn't move a muscle or seem to plan on letting you go anytime soon. But that was okay. You didn't really want to move either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eventually, the firefighters managed to put the fire out, and they told the man's bed headed neighbor that his apartment was the only one damaged. Everyone was allowed to go back inside the complex and resume their nightly activities, and you couldn't wait to go back to your apartment and sleep.

You and the man walked up the stairs together, still sharing the blanket. "You know, I never asked your name," he commented and looked over at you, "I need to know the name of the person who kept me warm all this time."

You blushed and his your face in your half of the blanket. "My name's (f/n)," you told him with a smile.

"I'm Hajime," he responded and nodded.

Once the two of you reached his floor, he started to take the blanket off of his shoulders. "Thanks for letting me share with you," he said gratefully as he started to head down the hall.

You quickly grabbed his arm before he could walk off and draped the entire blanket around his shoulders. "Keep it. You need it more than I do right now."

There was a long pause as you smiled at him before continuing up the stairs to the floor that your own apartment was on. Iwaizumi lingered in the hallway for a few moments before heading back to his apartment. He held the blanket tightly in his hands and wrapped it around himself as he unlocked the door and crawled into bed.