Modesty Is the Best Policy {Iwaizumi Hajime} (Request)

Based off the headcanon that iwa wants you to be modest so the creeps don't creep on ya
Requested by @Golden-flames29
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ready to go, (f/n)?" Iwaizumi called down the hall when he heard the sound of a pair of heels clicking on the wooden floor. He'd been sitting on the couch waiting for what felt like centuries for you to emerge from the bedroom the two of you shared.

"Yeah!" you replied as you left the room, grabbing your purse on the way, "How do I look?"

Upon seeing you walk into the living room, Iwaizumi stood up and examined your outfit as he approached you. First, he looked at your skillfully done makeup and your neatly arranged hair before glancing down at your top, taking in the form fitting pants you wore, and looking at your heels.

Wait a minute.

He did a double take and fixed his eyes back on your top. It was tight, sleek, and fairly revealing with its low cut neckline and a large cut out in the back. Noticing how much of your chest it showed off not only made Iwaizumi heat up slightly with surprise but also with the anger in which his feelings of worry were normally disguised.

"(F/n), you're not leaving much to the imagination here," he complained as his eyes met yours again.

His comment made you blush, especially since you knew you were breaking his rules of dressing relatively modestly. After being married to him for a few years, you knew how much he valued your modesty. If you ever went out to the beach or to the pool, you often found your husband throwing a towel over your body whenever he thought another man had his eyes on you or he found your bikini to be too skimpy.

"Well, I've been feeling good about my figure lately and I wanted to show it off for once..." you responded truthfully, glancing down at your outfit again with satisfaction.

Iwaizumi sighed softly. "You look amazing, but I know every other man at the club is going to be thinking the same thing. And you know how I feel about that."

Your face fell slightly and you pressed a kiss against his lips. "Don't worry, Hajime. Your gaze is the only one that matters," you assured him with a playful smile.

He chuckled softly and put his arm around you as he led you out of your home and into the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the two of you arrived at the club in the city where your longtime friends wanted to meet for a night out, you both walked inside and soon found them before greeting them happily. As Iwaizumi hung out with his old friends, he couldn't help but notice how you seemed to glow with happiness in amongst your friends when they showered you with compliments about how good you looked.

"Damn, Iwa-chan, (f/n)-chan always looks so good," Oikawa commented as he practically ogled you from afar.

The smile that had crept into Iwaizumi's face quickly disappeared as he turned to his old friend and gave him the death glare. "Keep your eyes off my wife, Shittykawa," he growled menacingly.

"You need to get some alcohol in you," Oikawa grumbled and guided Iwaizumi over to the bar.

Iwaizumi wasn't planning on drinking too much, since he was going to be driving home, but he needed enough to take the edge off of Oikawa's annoyingly familiar presence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the night wore on, Iwaizumi watched you down more and more shots like the crazy woman he knew and loved. You were going to be so drunk by the time you were ready to leave.

"Hajimeeeee! I'm gonna go dance! So... so that's where I'm gonna be if you need me!" you sang in your drunken state of happiness when you approached him randomly.

Iwaizumi nodded in agreement and instinctively fixed your top, pulling on the laces holding the front together in an attempt to keep you more covered up and avoid any wardrobe malfunctions. You slapped his hands away lightly and rolled your eyes.

"Geez, I didn't know I was taking my babysitter out with me tonight!" you commented sarcastically before waving to everyone and heading over to the dance floor with your friends.

Iwaizumi grunted under his breath, and Hanamaki only fueled his anger by adding, "Give (f/n) a break. She's smart enough to maintain her own decency, don't ya think?"

Upon being tormented by his friends by being so overbearing with you, Iwaizumi called the bartender over and ordered another drink. It was only moments after he'd actually gotten his drink, however, when he noticed another man getting dangerously close to you as you danced with your friends. The way the man was watching you with that lecherous gaze of his was enough to make Iwaizumi get up and charge over to the dance floor to prove a point.

"Shit, that guy's gonna die," Mattsukawa murmured as he sipped on his drink.

"Nah, I think Iwa-chan's just going to remove (f/n)-chan from the situation," Oikawa argued.

They all watched intently as Iwaizumi squeezed through the groups of people before placing himself between you and the pervert who was eyeing you up. He then put his hands on your waist and guided you over to a different part of the dance floor, much to your satisfaction. Once you and your friends resumed dancing and Iwaizumi was sure the coast was clear, he made his way back over to the bar, only pausing to tell the pervert to back off on the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, Iwaizumi found himself swishing the last of his drink around in his glass before finishing it off. He'd been pacing himself, unlike you, since he needed to get you home safely. That was all he could think about despite the fact that Oikawa was talking his ear off and laughing raucously with the rest of his friends.

When he surveyed the club, Iwaizumi was able to spot you in a heartbeat sitting in a lounge area and finishing up an alcoholic beverage while you talked to... another man? He was sitting awfully close to you and his eyes weren't looking into yours, which was clearly making you uncomfortable.

Iwaizumi quickly excused himself again and strode over to where you were before removing his coat and sitting down next to you. When he neared you, he could clearly see how tired you looked.

"Hey, what do you say we get outta here, huh?" he heard the man on the other side of you ask, making his blood boil.

Before you could reject him yourself, Iwaizumi stepped in and growled, "Hey, asshole, that's no way to talk to someone else's wife." He draped his coat over your shoulders and put his arm around you protectively. "And even if she wasn't my wife, you should know by now that her eyes are up here," he added, pointing to your face and directing his attention away from your chest.

"Hajime, I'm r... ready to go home...."

You didn't need to say much more before he led you away from the lounge, pausing to let you say goodbye to both your friends and his, and carried you out of the club, insisting that you were too drunk to walk safely.

While you might've been absolutely wasted, you still had enough sense to appreciate his actions and what he was doing—and always did—for you.

As he set you down in the car and made sure you'd fastened your seatbelt before getting in at the driver's side, you turned his face towards you and gazed into his eyes for a long moment. "I love you... and I really appreeeciate what you doooo for meee," you told him, slurring your words slightly.

Despite the fact that you were drunk, he knew your words were genuine. This made him smile and kiss you prior to turning on the car and beginning the drive back home.

"I love you too, (f/n)."