Epilogue

A/N: I know that I had promised this epilogue ages ago. Although, I just didn't have an idea for it until now. Hope you all like it. :)

Within Temptation: Epilogue

Five years later....

"Merry Christmas, darling." Klaus told her, wrapping his arms around Caroline as she stared out the window. They were all together tonight, in a cabin hours outside of the busy city streets of Chicago and it felt good. Better than good, it felt amazing.

"Merry Christmas." She replied softly, placing her hands on top of her husbands before she exhaled deeply and turned towards him. Five years had gone by since they had all changed their lives, mostly for the better. Caroline smiled as she watched Stefan and Elena playing with her and Klaus's newborn son, Tyler. Klaus frowned though when he saw Sarah glued to her cell phone, clearly oblivious to everything that was going on around her. "Will you excuse me? I need to go do some strict parenting." He commented, walking slowly over to his now 12 year old daughter as she tossed a pillow from the sofa behind her back and got a bit more comfortable with whoever it was that she was texting.

"Young lady. We're having a fun family gathering. Can't the texting of your little boyfriend Chad wait a few more hours?" He asked her, coming up behind Sarah and scaring her a little as she nearly jumped out of her skin and tossed her phone up into the air. Klaus caught it, reading the screen.

"Come over. I'm home alone." He couldn't help but laugh as he read the text. Shaking his head, Klaus watched Sarah freeze and gawk at him. "Dad, please don't. Please, daddy give me back my phone!" She begged. Klaus laughed, shaking his head.

"No, sweetheart. I think your uncles and I should text Chad back. You know, make sure that he knows you're only 12 years old!" He smirked, holding on to the cell phone tighter and slowly making his way towards Damon and Stefan who were now talking new business ideas and strategies with one another.

"No business talk, remember? We promised the ladies." Klaus commented, placing his daughter's cell phone into his front pocket.

"Why does your daughter look like she's pouting in a corner and about to go over to her mother, really pissed off?" Damon observed, trying his hardest not to laugh as he thought about what Elizabeth looked like when she didn't get the toys she wanted at the toy store.

"She's been texting a boy and I am teaching her a lesson." Klaus smiled widely, taking out Sarah's cell phone and texting the number on her screen back.

Hello Chad. This is Sarah's father. Klaus Mikaelson. I'm pretty sure you've heard about me, young man. Everyone in this town has. Anyways, I would like to politely decline your offer for a sleepover on my daughter's behalf and for the fact that you're 15 years old. So, thank you. But, no thank you.

P.S. Text my little girl again and I will find you.

Have a wonderful night! ;)

"Klaus, give our daughter back her phone!" Caroline demanded from across the room, giving him a stern look as he walked back towards his wife and Sarah who looked as if she was nearly in tears. He bent down, wiping away the tears that were cascading down her cheeks.

"Sweetheart, I just saved you a ton of heartache. Listen, Sarah. Chad sounds like bad news and you're too young for a boyfriend. So, when you see him around school. Don't talk to him and remember that I love you. There will be many more boys when you're 18 years old or by the time you're looking to be married."

Caroline opened her mouth, attempting to say something. But, Klaus quickly kissed her lips and silenced her before she could even begin to argue. He backed away smiling and saying softly. "I love you too. Don't be so jealous. Now," He paused, turning towards Elijah and Katherine who were the last two to arrive to the Christmas party that Rebekah had thrown.