Chapter Eleven

Within Temptation- Chapter Eleven

She needed to find her, get the answers she needed and finally make sense of it all.

"I'll help you. But, who do you want to find so badly?" Bonnie asked, leaning over a table in the small cafeteria of the shelter, looking down at Elena's shaking hands as she scrolled through the information that was on the computer chip that Alaric had given her.

"My birth mother...I need to find my birth mother." Elena commented, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ears and exhaling deeply, watching Bonnie turn her attention away from the magazine that was in her hands, her eyes glued to Elena's serious facial expression.

"Are you sure about that? Elena...maybe she doesn't want to be found or what if-" Bonnie began to say, watching the brunette shake her head, exhaling deeply.

"I need to find her, I need to know why she gave me up..Bonnie, I've spent my whole life bouncing from one foster home to the next. Eventually when I turned 18. No one wanted to adopt me, so I moved in with a boyfriend who didn't love me as much as I thought he did. Well, needless to say when I left. I was lucky enough to end up here and still alive. These last few months have been so complicated, so confusing for me. No one knows me for the person that I really am. But, for the first time since I got involved in my sister's life and am slowly finding out more about who she is. I feel like I need to reconnect with the family that gave me up." Elena explained, looking out past the window and towards the light shining outside, she briefly wondered about it. About how her life was going to change if she ever found her mother.

"I just want to know why they didn't want me and why they kept Katherine. That's all. I just want answers and personally don't think that sitting here, scrolling through this information about my twin sister is going to get me anywhere. Most of it talks about her achievements and what her life is like, being married to her husband. There's nothing here that-" Elena began to say, suddenly gasping out a breath when she looked over at Bonnie and shouted at her. "You need to see this!"

"See what? Bonnie asked, glancing over at Elena as she gave her a confused look and watched as the brunette pointed to the computer screen.

"I have a name and an address. I found her name, Bonnie. My mom lives here, in Illinois. Only a few hours away from Chicago." Elena said, her eyes glued to the screen when she heard Bonnie let out a small excited laugh.

" Elena, what are you going to do? You can't just-" Bonnie tried to say, stopping in mid sentence when Elena's eyes glistened and she abruptly got up, pulling the memory chip out from the computer as she stated. "I'm going to pay her a visit. Now, do you want to come with me or not?"

Damon found him, covered in his own vomit. Laying face down on the sheets against his soiled bed. "Stefan..Stefan, wake up!" He shouted, shaking his brother awake, watching Stefan squint his eyes a little at him, a groan of agony escaping past his lips from the pounding headache he had and trying to decipher in his tortured head what was real and what wasn't, last night being filled with hallucinations that left him feeling like he was going crazy..mostly all of them being of her.

"What happened? What the hell did you take!" Damon asked him in a frantic tone, scanning the room for a syringe, for a piece of foil, for anything that would indicate what was wrong with his brother and what he had taken to cause him to be in such pain, such despair.

"It's nothing, Damon. I'm fine..I'm perfectly fine." Stefan told him in a slurred tone, stumbling to his feet as he ran his fingers though his hair and pulled down his shirt covered in bile.

"You're not fine. You took something, had a bad reaction to it and now, you're lying to me about it. Stop lying to me and tell me. What did you take, Stefan? I can tell you're still on it, your eyes are all blood shot and you're slurring your words." Damon shouted at him, watching his brother plug his ears at the noise, walking over to the bathroom once again, just about to close the door on him. But, he was quickly stopped by Damon's hand on the door.