Chapter One

Also, This story will focus a lot on Stelena. But, it won't be strictly Stelena. It will have a lot of the other characters from the show in the story throughout it...Like the summary says "Everyone has secrets!" ;)

Follow me on Twitter for updates at: Be_Passionate24

And hope you all enjoy this chapter!

CHAPTER ONE- Within Temptation

...One year earlier...

"Hi, everyone. My name is Stefan Salvatore and I've been clean and sober for six years as of today." Stefan said, looking over the crowd at the people in the room and smiling as he watched his best friend sit next to Damon and his fiancé, Rebekah. All three of them clapping wildly when Stefan sat down and cleared his throat, beginning to speak.

"I haven't touched a drink or any sort of drug in a long time and I feel good about it. I guess I can attribute a lot of my successes to my lovely wife Katherine, who unfortunately couldn't be here today and my family. All of us coming together when we needed one another the most." He said, watching as the group counselor leaned towards him and shook his hand. Being in the building surrounded by others who were in the same spot as he was, just years earlier was a reminder of all things he had endured during his addiction and the fact that he had finally pulled through, or a least for the time being.

"Well, that's it for our ceremony tonight. Thank you all for coming and for the group members, good luck and remember to come back here if you ever need to talk." The counselor said as he too got up and dismissed the group.

Stefan slowly rose and shoved his hands in his pockets, exhaling deeply when he walked over to stand near his brother who gave him a pat on the back. "I'm so proud of you!" Damon exclaimed, wrapping one of his arms loosely around Rebekah and smiling at her with a huge grin on his face.

"Yeah, we all are!" Rebekah said, leaning her head against Damon's shoulder and looking over to Stefan who was now shaking Elijah's hand.

"I just wish that Katherine was here to see it. She had worked so hard to get me on the right track and now after all these years..She's just..She's gone." Stefan said in a anguished tone, looking down at his nicely black polished shoes and placing his hands back into his pockets.

"Look, how about we go home and celebrate. Just the three of us. Although, I know that Caroline and Klaus will want to come over too since their townhouse is right across the street." Elijah said, patting Stefan's back and glancing up at him with a smile. They had all been trying to make things easier on Stefan and themselves by keeping up hope that Katherine would be found and yet after months of searching high and low and in every place they could think of. It was as if the beautiful and very well known young woman had vanished into thin air.

Damon took in the look on his brother's face. Stefan looked exhausted, he had dark circles under his eyes from not being able to sleep and his hands were trembling a bit as they walked to their cars and out into the parking lot of the very secluded and low key treatment facility that only a few high rollers knew about, including the Salvatore brothers.

"We'll find her, Stefan. They're still searching for her and Katherine's case hasn't been closed yet. They will find her." Damon reassured him, placing his arm around his brother's neck and pulling him towards his chest in a playful manner. "Now, let's not worry about all the crappy things in our lives for one moment and let's go celebrate your huge milestone. I suggest that we have dinner at Alinea, we might even already have a table waiting. Oh, the press is going to have a field day about us going out to eat. But, what the hell. The CEO and his Chairman to Dasells Antiques have to eat every once in a while too!" Damon said, grinning up at Stefan as he watched his brother shake his head before he replied with a simple. "Sure, why not. Let's go."