Chapter Forty- One

A?N: Hey all! So, I just wanted to let you all know that I have decided that Within Temptation will be coming to an end very soon. With that being said, there will be 1 more chapter before I post the last chapter and the epilogue. :) Also, thank you all for those who have stuck with me for this long. I am so thankful for you guys and it has made me so happy to know that many of you have really loved this story!

Enjoy & thanks so much for reading & reviewing!

Follow me for updates at: BePassionate_24

Within Temptation- Chapter Forty-One

"You know love, it's going to be really hard keeping my hands away from you." Klaus purred into his wife's ear as his hands slide down Caroline's hips and he stopped them just in the center of her backside. His breath tickling her skin while she leaned against the table where all the guests had been leaving their gifts. The baby shower had started two hours ago and Klaus was clearly getting annoyed that Caroline had been too busy fusing around Rebekah to barely notice him.

"Baby, I have work to do and none of it right now involves your hands anywhere around me." Caroline replied back sternly, feeling his lips hovering over her neck as he left a quick kiss against her flesh. "Well, if my hands can't have any fun, what about my lips?" He asked her with a seductive tone.

Caroline laughed, pressing her back into the table as she wrapped her arms around his neck, locking her blue gaze on to him. "Not now, Klaus." She stated, leaning in a stealing a kiss as she attempted to brush past him. Although, his firm grasp against her arm stopped her from moving any further. "Soon we're going to need to pick a night for just the two of us. Maybe we can have Stefan and Elena watch Sarah too. I miss you, Caroline." Klaus told her, kissing her forehead before letting go of her arm and watching as she took a few steps away from him and smiled, turning back and shouting out. "Hopefully that date will come soon."

Klaus sighed as he watched her leave. He closed his eyes when he felt a heavy hand being lightly placed on his shoulder. "I'll never understand how you can stay away from a woman like that." Damon slurred, grinning from ear to ear as he leaned into Klaus for a bit of support. "Are you drunk?" Klaus questioned, without even getting an answer from Damon, he could tell by the soon to be father's face and on his breath that he indeed had consumed a few alcoholic beverages.

"We're having a little girl." Damon stammered out, his head feeling heavy and his stomach feeling even more queasy than before he had found out the news.

Klaus slowly turned towards him, a bit taken back by the news and Damon even knowing about the baby's gender. "How'd you find out? I thought that Rebekah didn't want to know." Klaus asked as he exhaled deeply, trying to straighten himself out, still feeling Damon's hands on his shoulders.

"Well, the doctor gave us this envelop when we went for the ultrasound and everything was great. But, then he came back and handed us an envelop with the baby's gender. Because he said we could find out if we really wanted to know. Rebekah and I made a little deal that neither of us would look at it. But, long story short...My curiosity got the best of me and I took a little peak at the papers that are in a locked drawer in my office." Damon swallowed hard and glanced up at Klaus with a small smile. "We're naming her, Harper Elizabeth Salvatore."

"Why are you telling me this?" Klaus questioned, his smile growing at the thought of his soon to be brother in law becoming a father.

"Because, I want to know...Is it easy raising a little girl?" Damon asked him with a look of pure horror on his face. Klaus glanced down at his shoes, inhaling sharply. What was he going to tell him? No. It wasn't easy because at times Klaus wasn't even sure if he was doing a good job with raising Sarah. Although, he knew that he was trying his best and maybe that small chunk of hope was enough at times.