Chapter Forty-Two

A/N: Hey all! Thank you guys so much for reading, reviewing, following and favoriting this story. As I previously said, I will be bring this story to a close within the next chapter. So, brace yourselves. Because, this last update is going to be pretty adorable for all of the chaarcters in this story. :)

Follow me for updates at: BePassionate_24

Within Temptation- Chapter Forty- Two

"So, how'd it go with Katherine?" Stefan asked Elena, pouring himself a class of bourbon as he glanced over at her. She seemed a little distant. She had taken the opportunity once Katherine left for the afternoon to sneak into his office and she was really hoping that her sister was too busy with something else to be tracking her down. Clearly, since she hadn't been calling her phone and searching for her, Elena was right.

"It went fine, she just filled my head with too much information." Elena whined, rubbing her temples and hearing Stefan let out a laugh. It wasn't that funny. But, seeing Elena a little stressed out over something that he found fairly simple and numbers that he could crunch in his sleep, seemed to be a little silly.

"She's doing it because she wants the best for you." Stefan reminded her, taking a seat on the edge of the desk and watching Elena get up too as she leaned her head against his chest and sighed. Things were getting stressful, all she could seem to think about was the upcoming wedding, how she hadn't found a dress yet and how so many things seemed unfinished. Stefan could sense the worry on her face as he cupped her chin into his hands and locked his eyes on to hers. "We're going to be just fine." He reminded her as Elena pulled him close and exhaled deeply. "Take me far away from here, somewhere warm." She smiled.

Stefan cleared his throat, rubbing her back and playfully lifting the hem up of Elena's lavender colored blouse. "We're alone you know. I might not be able to take you some place warm right now. But, I can distract your mind." Stefan told her in a seductive tone as she felt his legs spread out and she stepped in the middle. Her hands were laying flat on his chest as a smile played across her face from his words.

"We're in your office and the blinds are still open." She replied, glancing back at him as he slide off the desk and caressed her face while she moved to the side of him. Elena watched with a fluttering feeling in her stomach when Stefan walked towards the door, pulling the handle and making sure it was locked before he closed the blinds shut, turning back to her with a smirk on his face.

"So, what do you suggest we do now. Mr. Salvatore?" She asked him playfully, making slow calculated steps towards him as Stefan sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I don't know, Miss Gilbert. I was thinking that my new employee and I could do some damage in this office." He teased back, shrugging off his suit jacket and allowing it to fall to the ground beneath his feet. Elena's heart felt like it was pounding a mile a minute as the adrenaline and excitement rushed through her veins the moment that Stefan stepped over it without a care.

"Damage in your office?" She giggled a little, turning her back to him and slowly lifting her shirt over her head, tossing it on to the floor. Stefan watched her turn back around with a twinge of admiration in her brown gaze. She was wearing a red lacy bra as she stood near the desk, her black pencil skirt still hugged her body and accented her hips as her black stilettos tried to keep her steady on her already weakened knees.

"What kind of damage?" Elena questioned, a playful laugh leaving her lips as Stefan glance down at his shoes, huffing out a breath.

"One that involves that desk your leaning against, maybe even that chair." Stefan added, pursing his lips together and winking at her as Elena heaved out a gasp. He tilted his head to the side as he lowered one strap of his light tan colored suspenders that were clipped to his pants, holding them in place.