3. Vigilant Monitors

"Natalia... Natasha Romanoff, please proceed to choose your weapons!"  I sighed. They would never understand. I wandered in, chains around my feet. Thanks to a recent mishap, we have to be chained up if any type of weapon is involved. We've all thought about grabbing some and running. A rare few ever do. Stacks of guns and bullets lay arranged on the tables. They were all noticeably locked up too. It seemed  the large guns like the bazookas were already bagged. Great, a bow and arrow or a 6 clip shot gun; I knew my guns like the palm of my hand. I pointed to the gun. I was better with them. Bows and arrows are so low class anyway. They unlocked the gun from its case and loaded up the barrel with the bullets. It was STARK industries. Of course it would be. They're the best weapons around. All of them seemed to be imprinted with the STARK industries logo. Tony Stark sickened me. Flouncing about with all his money. I must admit, their aim was bang on though. I always tell myself that is me though. I was escorted through the steel doors and kicked into a murky room, with nothing but a chair for company. "Sit!" I heard screeched through the speakers. There was clearly people monitoring my every move. Seconds later a soldier marched in with chains, looking blankly to my expression. I was yanked backwards, not a pleasant experience. But I'd been through worse though. I felt him wind my arms to the chair and kick my back for extra good luck. Or that's the way I see it, yet I knew my real understanding. What was going on? He then marched back in with the gun I had selected and discarded it onto the floor. "You are to fight for your weapon. You will have noticed you are strapped to a chair. Defeat my fighters and get the gun and you are through to the trials." It finished with an eery screech and then there was silence. I admired my chair for a few seconds before the door flung wide open. 4 soldiers flounced forward to attack me as I lifted my chair up to my back. I spun on my heels and dropped it onto one of the soldiers toes, leaping onto the chair as I did so. He whailed with excruciating horror but still I fought on. I frantically kicked the second and walloped my head into his back. My leg, chambered with chains whipped the floor away from him.  Finally, I leaped off one of their backs and chair shattered on the floor. Was this really nessessary? They knew I could fight. What did they gain? Finally, I leap bounded up to the 4th soldier, whipping his whole body over bound. I intently glared at the camera situated in the ceiling corner and yelled "Happy?" To my surprise they replied with "Yes... well done, you're in to the trials" The guards escorted me out to my dormitory, my chains released I was at last free. Or the closest to free as I would ever get. For now...