8. Ducks and Drakes

"NO! DON'T TAKE HER AWAY! PLEASE, NO!" I could hear Bucky screaming his heart out. I was being dragged away by someone, and not carefully either. I clearly wasn't going into safe hands. I was dying and I was being taken away behind enemy lines. My heels were being digged into the cobble and dust on the floor. It creating such a cloud of smoke I began to cough from all the particles. I was violently hurried into some van and then all the gun fires stopped. No bombs, no firing, no violence. I watched out the blackened window as all the enemy line walked away. I screamed as loud as I could yet the verocity of the pain was excruciating. I could see Bucky being dragged away by the few survivers out of the GBK. Then, I watched as I saw one soldier twindle along; he had a blade. He was going straight towards Bucky. I willed my voice to make a hint of a sound but it refused. Then, acted out almost perfectly, the soldier stabbed Bucky. My rage ignored the pain and I attacked the driver of the van; I couldn't have cared less about my agony. Bucky had been stabbed and I was going to save him, I didn't care what happened to me.

I punched with all my might at the driver but still he was strong. It had been a long while since I was like this; a punch being worthless. I knew I had to get to him and fast so I drove the tip of my elbow into his neck. He jolted and slammed on the brakes as he fell. I clambered out the car and hobbled over to Bucky but about 10 soldiers came over to drag me away. "BUCKY! NOOOO! PLEASE HE IS MY FRIEND...." Just at that second they jabbed me with an anaesthetic. I fell into their arms gradually. My life was on a knife edge. A bullet in my side, anaesthetic in my bloodstream and worst of all, a dying Bucky.