17. Broken Wings

I was down, perminantly. One of the soldiers leaned in and grabbed me by the shoulder. All of a sudden another soldier handcuffed my wrists round my back and I was hauled up by my forearms. My back screamed with pain. I yearned to sit down again but it seemed I wouldn't get a look in for how I felt personally. I was huddled through the crowds of soldiers and they all streamed in to follow me in. I stunned me about how tough they thought I was. It was that or it showed how much they wanted me dead.

"What is your name?" asked the interrogator. I was persistent to be short answered, but it seemed the smallest of words was a big help to them. "Natalia Alianovna Romanova" The man glared at me as if he was shocked about my presence. I am not the president, I don't expect the reactions of that kind. "Age?" He continued. I shifted in my seat. I knew they wouldn't believe me. "13, and that is true so you can stop doubting my every move. I am not going to lie to you. I have no need." I claimed abruptly. "Alright, why are you here, if your being so honest," It was fine by me, anything I told them wouldn't advance them any further. "My sister supposedly ran away from home to come here and be trained. I came here to get her out." I stated. It was all true so when the man inspected my tone of voice, he seemed almost too cautious about me. I never knew I was so popular, or scary. "What is her name?" he asked smoothly. "Elizaveta Alexandrovna Romanova," I stated. He just sat there and chuckled. Was he mocking me or my sister. I was so confused. What was so funny about me and her? "I am sorry Natalia, or should I say Natasha, but your daughter is our highest weapon. Your in luck. Tomorrow she will go under the needle!" What was this man implying.  "What do you mean?" I stuttered, nervously. "You're quite clearly new to the official training regime. We train them until they are 10 and then we sterilise them. It's only a little operation. Just gives them more drive in their missions. We take their memories of childhood and change them. We found a lot of the trained ones were reluctant to kill people. So we divised the sterilisation. The childhood memories are changed to being solely based around their training. It gives them direction..." "How dare you, if you so touch her I will get you all. I may not have trained here but I can fight. I am elite. You don't want to cross me. And unlucky for you, you already have!"