7. Imploding Grenade

I felt my body being lifted up. I couldn't control myself. The heat from the bomb blazed against my skin. My arm flopped to the ground as I was slumbered out. I could feel the heat gradually fading away from me as I was huddled out. I couldn't tell who was holding me, but I was safer than in there. Suddenly I felt a wave of heat hit me again. Another bomb? I could think for myself, but my body wasn't responding. I could feel my *saviour* or whoever they were hurry along from the repetitive bombs. Finally I fluttered open my eyes. Who was this person? He was tall. Chin line of cut glass. It was the master's son, Buchanan Barnes. "Bucky?" I murmered. I wasn't allowed to call him that, not even his father did. He was a friend. A good friend. But he would never be allowed to come back for me. I don't get it. How did he get to me? Bucky was always full of tricks. He got us all fooled that he was Russian for a good 2 years. So did his father. Yet they still worked for the government. "What are you doing?" I muttered again. He carried on hobbling along. "It's worth it" he whispered. I didn't understand. Had his father told him to come and get me? If he did then it was pretty heartless; then again that suited the master down to a T. "You'll die..." I flared, the words barely making it out of my lips. He didn't reply. Another bomb hit the now charred rooms. Who was attacking us? "What's happening Bucky?" He huddled me behind the tall ventilation pipe. "Some enemy line group is attacking the whole of the GBK. There is no where to go anymore!" There he was wrong. I knew exactly where we could go. "The vicinitys, their empty.  We can go through the tunnels."  I gasped, exasperated from just saying that. Windows shattered above us as we huddled behind the vents. "How will you get through?" asked Bucky. I wasn't good, but I could manage. The over protective feel to Bucky frequently angered me and this time was no exeption. "The jeeps," I hollered. A line of bullets cascaded through the windows above as we sat, 5 inches below. I wasn't all that to move, but I had to. Mine and Bucky's life depended on it. The all of a sudden I felt a shooting pain in the side of my torso. I collapsed to the ground, whimpering to Bucky helplessly. I'd been shot and this time, death was as acceptable as life.