4. Blood Company

"Podium 11... Brianna Serlanda... Podium 12... Natalia Romanova" There I was, my name. I thought maybe they'd made a mistake. No,  I hoped they'd made a." mistake. Seemed not though. The arena was vile. Mould seemed to have infected itself into every nut and cranny. They wanted me to survive in this bloodbath, yeah right. Just because I can take out a few soldiers doesn't mean I could survive here. I looked down to see my feet, detained by chains. "In 30 seconds, you will taken away to a secluded, desolate vicinity. If you venture too far out, a wall will be your fate. You may wonder why take you here before hand, because these faces may well be the last you see ever..." I couldn't help but feel like this was my fault. Sending so many to their deaths. So many, innocent. "5...4...3...2...1...see you on the other side" exclaimed the announcer. My podium jolted downwards as I was hauled down to the ground by the soldiers and bundled off into a jeep. They obviously wanted us to travel in "style". It was pitch black in the jeep and 1 soldier held me down to the seat. He had a huge gun. Stark. A multi 10 clip machine gun. A beauty. My feet may have been chained together but they were moveable, by about a foot. I stomped out his foot and walloped my elbow into his eye. I was quite athletic, I could just follow the Jeep. I wasn't going to stay in the there for long before someone saw me with 1 soldier down. The tunnel we travelled down was dark with a few dingy lights flickering on and off. I saw 2 other jeeps going down some different tunnels. Seemed like I was good. Temptuously, I opened the door. The walls were so near I could barely open it 3 inches. It scraped the walls for a few seconds as I frantically slammed it shut after the realisation. The back window of the jeep was blackened out but didn't seem to be very thick. But the smash, I would be all but quiet. Not a good idea. I couldn't go to the vicinity. I would happily die fighting back than in there. 

The soldier arose from his "slumber" and I walloped him in the head, sending his head knocking back. Finally, he was out. I reached into his pocket and found some hand cuffs. I grabbed his jacket which was laden  with shot guns, grenades, smoke bombs. Everything! I whipped it off him in a chiffy and threw it around my back. I reached for the hang cuffs and flicked them around the drivers neck. On a count of 3 I yanked with all my might and the car went spinning. Not very far to spin though. 2 metres. The car flipped upside down and I was wedged to the door and the soldier.  I shot the back window out and punched it out to smithereens. I could hear echoes of the soldiers marching around the tunnels. Instantly I saw a row of 4 soldiers march downwards, then another row, then another. I sprinted down the other way, unfortunately the way towards the vicinity. The soldiers sprinted towards me as I kept pushing legs to run. I skidded round the bend where I was met with 20 or so soldiers, all wanting to get me. It was my time. If I wasn't going to die in the assessment, I was sure not going to die in a crepuscular tunnel.